SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Multi-challenged living room TV wall

caroline94535
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

This is the north wall of the small living/TV room. For now it's our main livingroom. After the Four-Seasons room remodel we will have a larger dedicated lounge/TV/company room. For now, this is it.

The wall, and the room, are 11' 10" wide. The "Living Room" area is about 15' long. The rest of the space is the infamous closet/breakfast nook/front door entry area that has just been (finally) completed.

I need help, folks.

I want a run of lower cabinets, (some with drawers, some with doors) 24"-30" wide bookshelves at each end, display space, and a wall hung 42" TV. I want it all , and DH has agreed to do it now ! :)

A normal TV cabinet will not do; they simply don't have room for the oversize books, photo albums, electronic gizmos, cameras, G0-Pros, binoculars, etc. that I need to have easy access too. Our house is very small; I need to use every inch.

I will post my "ideas" after this. I don't want it to get so long-winded you write me off! Please, offer any and all advice you can think of.

The chairs are gone. They might be recovered and moved to the sewing room. This is the only photo I have that shows "the wall." The construction materials and drop cloths are gone now.

I thought I could fill the wall with an 8-ft run of kitchen-type cabinets. At the max they could be 8'6" wide. That would leave plenty of room to walk through the arched doorway that leads to the den, sewing room, and bathroom.

Right now I have two old upper cabinets set on the floor, and a larger end table filling this 8' space. I wanted to get an idea how wide the unit could be, and how far it could project into the room; 18"-24" will work fine.

There are no heat vents on this wall. The electrician will add outlets and the hidden TV wiring whereever I want it. The drop cloth is in front of the over-wide window that fills the east wall; I lost that battle.

The challenge...

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH