SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heath_horning

Multi Room Audio for TV

Heath H
4 years ago

I have an open concept living room / kitchen space. We have a TV mounted in our living room with the kitchen along the opposite wall. Because of the large open space, it can be difficult to hear the TV audio in the kitchen at times.

We are currently using a soundbar to enhance the TV's sound, but in order to hear in the kitchen the living room gets uncomfortably loud. I'd like to retain the sound bar, but add a pair of ceiling speakers in our kitchen as a secondary stereo output. I'd like the new kitchen speakers to be controlled by a new volume knob, also located in the kitchen, which can turn the speaker volume up, down or off.

I'm looking for the simplest solution. Most AV guys want to show me a complicated 5.1 multi-room set up with multiple source selection. I don't want this expansive (and expensive) of a set up. I just want to hear the TV in the kitchen.

Ideally, I'd see something like Apple TV to the TV. TV Audio out to a multi zone amplifier (2 zones). Amplifier output A to soundbar. Amplifier output B to wall volume control, to stereo ceiling speakers.

My hope would be that I can control the source (Apple TV), TV and soundbar audio all from the Apple TV remote (as I do now); and the secondary kitchen speakers would be controlled by the wall knob.

Any suggestions or pitfalls to be weary of?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions