SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Funky Eyeglasses ... Again

Funkyart
8 years ago

I had planned to get new glasses in the next month or two.. but I broke the stem on my titanium glasses (literally, the stem-- it's not a simple hinge fix, darn it!) so my timeline has been greatly accelerated.

Luckily, one of my jewelry stores also carries eyeglass frames so I've tried on and even saved a few model numbers to my file. I never thought *I* would look good in the new hip, bolder frames.. but that's what I am leaning towards. I walked in to just ask a few questions and immediately 2 designs jumped out at me from the five walls of frames from many designers. I hate hate hate trying on frames but that particular day, i was totally into it! Both are from Face a Face... and surprisingly, the first two that grabbed my attention were the two that looked best on me! (How often does THAT happen?) Face a Face has some pretty crazy designs -- these are tame comparably but still, they are pretty darn bold. One is a mix of black and tortoise shell.. the other is black on the exterior and ivory on the interior with a gold band at the hinge (i think this is my favorite of the two).

I don't shy away from unusual frames-- my current glasses are a purple-blue ombre modified cateye.. but I am a little afraid that the dark strong lines of these glasses look great now when I am wearing black turtlenecks and bold scarves will look silly in the summer with a pink tshirt and flipflops... especially on a 50+ yo woman.

Do you wear bold glasses? Do you find they're too much in the summer? I am somewhat seriously considering getting two pairs.. but my lenses must be custom ground and the cost is outlandish. It feels way ridiculously frivolous to get two pairs (and then sunglasses on top of that-- as they need to be replaced too).

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!