SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noladesign

Ceiling lighting for master bath remodel

noladesign
8 years ago

I am about to completely gut my long narrow master bath. It is 7.25" x 12.5". I've got the floor plan done, and plumbing fixtures, finishes and tiles selected. But, I'm starting the project shortly after the new year and have not finalized my lighting.

The room will have a toilet room and walk in shower at the back end. In the remaining space, one side will have a double vanity and the other storage. The style is classic/modern- Carrara and nero marquina tiles, kohler purist plumbing fixtures in chrome, a simple white floating vanity with carrara top. There will will a few brass accents-possibly with the mirror(in antique brass frame) sconce pictures.

I will have some recessed lighting ( over the shower, toilet room, probably a few others, and 2 sconces on either side of the the vanity.

I had planned on using a chandelier as well, but with my 9 ft ceilings I think I should choose something else. My questions are:

Should I just use recessed lighting on the ceiling or try to find a flush mount or semi flush for the "center" of the open space?

If you think I should use a ceiling fixture what would you suggest would go with the rest?

Comments (2)