SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dbobul

Meyer Lemon tree help

dbobul
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My wife purchased a Meyer Lemon tree online for me to celebrate our aanniversary. I read the enclosed directions which stated that I might not see much activity from the tree for the first year. However it has produced three green Meyer lemons. They appeared sometime in late July early August. they would be considered full maturity size by the end of August beginning of September, but their color has remained the same constant green.

Those same three pieces of fruit are still green on the tree which has been brought inside for the winter. The tree is in a large window that gets a lot of Sun for the majority of the day but does not get a lot of heat. The room will never get down past 60 degrees but never gets up to a high high temperature.

My question is, does it usually take this extended period of time for the fruit to ripen? The tree has begun to flower again. I have been vigorously self pollinating the flowers which seem to already be starting to produce fruit again. Should I expect that this first crop of fruit will not ripen? any advice that anyone can provide me with will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (8)