SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mhc28

30" rangetop Capital Culinarian or Precision or Thermador

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We are looking to move to one of the above rangetops (from a builder grade cooktop) and I really am leaning towards the Culinarian but it seems like there are issues with simmering - which is one of the things I do a lot (along with wok cooking) which is why the high power, open burner appeals to me. But I do more simmering and currently I have to have a simmer plate elevated with tin foil to prevent burning on the bottom and I don't want to spend a lot of money to have to do the same thing. :) So I was alternatively considering the Thermador as I like the star burner and the other features or the precision (with the wok burner). Does anyone know if the simmer issue has been addressed on the Culinarian? From reading some posts it appears that they are shipping the rangetops with a smaller BTU burner but I can't verify this as the website indicates 4 burners that are all the same BTU (23,000). Can anyone confirm this? Any thoughts on the Thermador or Capital Precision as alternatives. Thanks in advance.

Comments (17)