SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sail_away

In search of a bathroom faucet

sail_away
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I wrote here some time ago (but now can't find my original post) about trying to find a bathroom faucet with a longer spout length, as I haven't been happy with my current faucets with a shorter spout. To be fair, I believe that the granite fabricators cut the holes too far back, which is why it is problematic.

We are a few weeks from closing on a lot that we want to build our retirement home on and will then sign the contract with the builder. Building likely will start sometime in the spring, depending on how quickly our plans can be reviewed and approved by the county. In the meantime, I'd like to have as many decisions made as possible.

Since we're facing retirement, we are trying to work with a modest budget. I am willing to splurge a little on the faucets, since they are used daily and can be a huge source of irritation if they don't function properly (or even if they aren't aesthetically pleasing). I've already chosen my kitchen sink and faucet, but I'm having trouble with the bathroom faucets. I'd like to keep the faucets (stainless steel) at no more than $200 each. (I'd actually like to keep them under that amount, but I've given up on that idea.)

I initially was interested in the Trinsic, although I'm not that fond of the small lever handle. I also was hoping for a spout length of more than 5". So my attention then shifted the the Delta Ara, specifically Model 567LF-SSMPU. There is another similar model, but its spout length is more than an inch shorter than this model, which is 5'3/8". When I looked at the model with the shorter spout length (thinking it was the longer one), I saw many good reviews and a much better price. The more I looked at it the more I liked the way it looks, too. However, when I realized that I was looking at the wrong model, I shifted my attention to the 567LF-SSMPU. I could only find one review outside of 3 at Amazon, and it was 5 star. However, Amazon's 3 reviews are not so stellar. One is 4-star and the person seems very pleased, except for the fact that one of their faucets has a slower flow rate. The second gave a 3-star rating based on the fact that their faucet was missing parts which Delta will send to them. And the third gave a 1-star rating because the faucet is leaking (yikes!).

Has anyone here used this particular faucet? Was it problematic for you or are you pleased? If I buy this, I will be getting 4 faucets, and at over $230 it will be a bit over budget. I'd like to buy them ahead of time so that it won't come out of our plumbing allowance and give us a little flexibility when spending the rest of the allowance. But before committing to them I'd sure like to hear if anyone has had experience with these. It's so hard to know how much weight to give Amazon reviews. I seem to generally have good success when I use the reviews as a barometer, but OTOH I noticed that the kitchen faucet we currently have installed was also given mostly bad reviews, and I am very happy with my faucet.

If anyone has bothered to scan through this much too long post and has any insight, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.

Comments (16)