SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evelynadoyle

Touch & Sew 403E ...I need your advise

evelynadoyle
8 years ago

I am so happy I found this sight. I purchased my T &S in March of 1964 from a Singer store in Kingston, Pa. But the book that came with my machine has a copyright date of 1965. I know you said my machine has metal gears and honestly it has worked perfectly for me up until a week ago but I believe it is not the machine but floor attachment that needs to be replaced. I purchased my machine with a desk but when I moved into a smaller condo about 10 years ago, I discarded the desk and just took the machine with the floor attachment. I believe there is a short in the floor attachment as I heard it start about 5 times but just for a second. Does it sound like the floor attachment to you? I am wondering if anyone knows which floor attachments will be okay for a 603E? I saw some on eBay but I wonder if the sellers know the foot pedals work? I am so angry with myself for discarding the desk as I would have had a back up knee starter. Can anyone advise me on this. I have never taken my machine for any repairs but just loved it calling it the best sewing machine made and it lived up to that except for what I believe is the foot pedal which starts the machine. Thank you for your help.

Evelyn

Comments (3)