SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

50 Year Reunion and a bit of a rant

secsteve
8 years ago

Next year will be 50 years since we graduated from high school.

We had a 30 year reunion and that was the last one. I contacted one of the people from that and she informed me that she wasn't going to get involved, but would be glad to help/provide advice. Seems for the 30th she didn't stick to her plans and wound up paying extra $$$$ for no shows. One other committee person commented that he didn't think anyone was interested. Uh, did you take time to find out? From the people I've contacted there is a lot of interest.

Since then I've gotten someone to chair it (school is back in MI and I'm in DE) and she's doing fairly good. I'm co-chair, but seems more like the chair at times. She's a nice person and I'm glad she volunteered, but seems I have to drag things out of her as to where we stand on various planning issues. I was smart enough at our last meeting to tell people that "Hey that's a good idea. Why don't you do that?" instead of just saying good idea.

Just got off the phone with the previous chair (call me anytime, anything I can help with etc.) and was rather put off when she mentioned that she wouldn't be contributing any funds to help get started, because of "what happened last time". That was 20 years ago. Wanted to say "Don't you think you should let that go?" but didn't. Instead thanked her for the information (which didn't really help) and left it at that.

Part of me wants to say To Heck With it, but the other part says Don't Let the turkeys get you down. I've had a lot of compliments from folks that they're glad I've got things started, so that makes up for the crap.

Just needed to vent and know I can always do that here.

Comments (20)