SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

Why menu's need to be discussed!

So today was our annual garden club Christmas luncheon. Every year we have it at Lou's house and everyone brings a dish for the table. I have said in the past we should send out an email with what we are planning to bring so we don't end up with multiples of one thing and none of others. It never happens. Well today was the exact reason why I have suggested that. We had zero meat, usually we have at least ham or turkey. Nope no meat OK that's not so bad. However we had 6 different types of bread / muffins. 2 exact corn casseroles. 3 very similar jello salads (different colors). 1 sweet potatoes Thank you Jesus! 1 cranberry salad (mine with pineapple and lots of nuts). And appropriately 10 various types of desert ranging from pecan pies, carrot cake, banana pudding etc.

Not our best selection of menu items! And I had actually picked up a small spiral ham to take and decided someone else would probably bring it so I didn't. It was a pretty high carb meal and lots of sweets lol. Several of us are diabetic, I didn't eat much.

Next year I will be sending out an email.

However our dirty Santa Christmas gift exchange was a lot of fun. I ended up with a good gift this year, a table top water feature that looks like a Fleur-de-lis. I collect Fleur-de-lis. So it will go on my desk. This is much better than the past 2 years when I got three tiny cats figurines, and then a giant tortoise figurine. I did not get any animals! Lol

We had a wonderful time visiting and celebrating with each other. Now I need to go find a snack...

Comments (16)