SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikthegreek_gw

Got the last of this year's roses today

nikthegreek
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

After my two largish orders to Beales' and Trevor White in the UK which I've written about before, I got the last of this year's orders today by courier from a local nursery.

Summer Damask (R. damascena), a second Pat Austin and the found 'Chios island rose', supposedly a repeating violet OGR which I've written about in here before and which I'll report about in due time. All these as budded bareroots. I also got a Banksiea Lutea as a flimsy looking own root band along with a couple of tiny non-rose shrub bands; Chimonanthus praecox (Wintersweet) and Kerria japonica. These complete this year's acquisitions, at a total of 35 euros, thank you very much. Everything is already potted up, I've put a new chain on my jap Echo brand with carving blade pruning chainsaw, ready for tomorrow's olive tree pruning session and I'm enjoying my Greek style grappa on this sunny afternoon, along with local spicy small red round peppers stuffed with cheese. Cheers!

Life is tough, the world is terrible, so live for the moment! Tomorrow's gonna be worse..

Comments (2)