SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleevendog

Celeriac and radish and beets oh my...

I did my shopping last tuesday night late, around 10pm on the way home. I was careful to not over-shop but like to buy just about everything...just one or two of each for my roasted root veggie dish...so much leftover.

I even made a crudite' raw snack with BagnaCauda (sp)

And a beautiful veg/turkey soup last night...

Then i finally harvested my last few hundred carrots and found a dozen radishes yesterday...black and watermelon.

I do remember planting them but they never do well in my climate...and it has been so cold i never expected them...

My holiday roots...most purchased.

(more in the fridge downstairs)

Did not mean to buy two big celery roots...one has the tops and was good in the soup but just used a few stems.

I do like a full and healthy larder but need some ideas. We have been snacking on raw all morning.

We had soup wed, friday and last night....though the celery root will keep easily till next weekend.

The Martha site had 27 (ish) recipes for radishes and only a couple looked good. Maybe a slaw with celeriac, yellow beets and radish?

I did make fresh fridge pickles but the black radishes are sooo, oh so,earthy, they made the jar taste like dirt. (i should make them alone and by themselves).

Garden carrots are easy...last year they were good in storage through the new year....

Comments (4)