SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie

My Thanksgiving pie experience....

phoggie
8 years ago

I wanted to make the pies for today's dinner....but pies are not my favorite. I had cooked for two days, tired and joints hurting, so when this last pie was ready to come out of the oven, I had had enough...BUT since I have tremor in my hands, I went to lift that pumpkin pie out, my hand started shaking so badly that the pie just slid out of the crust! Talk about a mess! I just stood in disbelief, cleaned up the mess out of the oven best I could, gathered myself together, went to the store and got more ingredients and started over....but since the oven was too hot to clean very well, I took it a friend's house to bake...all was well that ended well.....but I still had to clean that darned dirty oven so I could cook the turkey etc. for today.

Everything went well today and I certainly enjoyed my children and grandchildren being here. Bless my two son-in-laws...they pitched in and carved the turkey and ham for me, and they and my girls just took over the kitchen and did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Meanwhile after we ate, my grandchildren put the outside decorations and the Christmas tree up for me.....what a wonderful day!

Comments (9)