SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llazarus

Help-my this kitchen reno doesn't seem right?

llazarus
8 years ago

I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel post flood x almost 7 months ago. Our counter tops and lower cabinets were removed and are being replaced. My concerns are listed below:

1. There is a large gap between the top of the cabinets and the quartz counter top. Is this correct? See third photo below.

2. One section of the cabinets were made 21" inches deep instead of standard 24". The contractor says this is because they build a support wall. Is this normal?

3. Why build a support wall? The support wall sticks out past the cabinets by about two inches. Is this normal? See third photo below.

4. There is space between the cabinet and support wall, seems like cabinets were not leveled? See first and second photo below.

5. Portions of the counter top were installed. The edges of the quartz are crooked where the quartz meets the wall. The installer says he isn't finished, is this normal? Can it be fixed? See photos.

This has been a complete nightmare and now the contractor is brushing me off saying everything is normal, no problem, we will putty everything which is very unsightly. I'm paying good money for this project.

Comments (5)