SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bee0hio

This doesn't seem right. What do you think?

bee0hio
14 years ago

I went to an event on Saturday.... Sewing Smorgasbord sponsored by the OSU Extension Services. There were classes all day on a variety of subjects from "tatting" to "fabric folding" to "recycling garments". There were vendors, an apron contest (youth & adult), and door prizes @ the end. It was a fun and educational day. I took 5 classes.

One large room was set aside for a "Fabric Fair" which was somewhat like a yard sale for sewers/crafters. It had everything from baggies of fabric scraps, FQ's, cuts, & bolts; notions,unfinished or never started projects, books, magazines, etc etc. Anything & everything @ mostly bargain prices to enable the sewer/crafter to "clean house" and allow the shopper to snag a hot bargain.

Now to the gist of my post....

I picked up a baggie of 3 Fon's & Porter's Love of Quilting Magazines for $3. The top one was dated Jan/Feb, 2010. Great price! I did not look inside the baggie, nor examine the mags. Well...... when I got home I was disappointed to find that the other 2 mags were from 2003 & 2007. I might have them already as I've subscribed a couple of times in the past. Disappointed and feeling a bit like there was "false advertising" with the 2010 issue on top, I accept that I should have LOOKED. But I can give them to a friend.

So today, I pick up the 2010 issue to browse...... there are 16 pages missing from the magazine! This just seems wrong to me, that a quilter wouldn't at least put a note on the magazine that there were pages missing, even if she were only selling it for a dollar.

I've learned a lesson here and hope you will too from my mistake.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath