SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westside779

Hateful grandmother

Jody
8 years ago

My MIL has a mean streak in her that comes on when someone doesn't agree with her or dares challenge her. My 16 year old daughter became her victim yesterday. My daughter is very intelligent, sweet and very loving. She does very well in school and her dream is to become a psychologist. She has always had a pretty good relationship with her grandmother, but has been aware in the past how volatile this woman can be. As for me and my husband, we steer clear of my MIL for the most part because of difficulties with her hateful behavior in the past. My MIL is a spoiled woman who has never worked and has a husband who is completely whipped, refusing to confront her about her abusive behavior.

My daughter got into a discussion yesterday with her grandmother about her classes and her future college plans. My MIL proceeded to tell her that she didn't need college and didn't even really need a high school diploma. My daughter disagreed with her and stuck by her convictions over the course of the nonsense conversation. Seeing that she wasn't going to win, she told my daughter to shove her colleges up her arse. Then she started yelling at my daughter about things that have happened between all of us and herself over the last 20 years. My daughter came to my and my husbands defense, and that is when it happened.

That hateful, immature woman told my daughter, her only granddaughter that she didn't love her, never loved her, hated her and has always hated her.

My daughter called me hysterical. My son was already on the way to pick her up...thank God it wasn't me who went there. My MIL tried to drag my son into her insanity, but my kids got into the car and left, but not before my MIL told them both they were not welcome there any longer.

This isn't the first time my MIL has said hateful things. When my son was an infant 20 years ago, she offered to keep him while I worked. Well, she soon grew tired of it and one day she said to me "this baby means nothing to me."

She didn't see my son for several years. It caused a huge riff in the family and I didn't trust her with my baby. That however wasn't even the first hateful thing this woman has done. She is a bored woman who loves to cause excitement in her own life by stirring up trouble in other peoples lives.

She is a witch and now my beautiful daughter is so upset because a woman who she loved her whole life has now told her she was never loved in return.

I'm thinking of sending my daughter to a therapist to deal with this. None of us have any intention of ever having anything to do with my MIL again. She can wallow in her own self righteousness. My daughter never wants to see her again, and her father and I have already decided she will never be alone with this hateful witch again, not until she can drive and get out of the situation if things turn ugly again.

I guess I just need some feedback on how to help my baby. She is in shock and I don't want that witch's immature hatefulness to affect her for the rest of her life.

Oh and of course, my whipped FIL hasn't tried to console his granddaughter or say how wrong his wife is.

Comments (18)

Sponsored