SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlc712

S.I. joint update

jlc712
8 years ago

Thanks again for all the excellent advice regarding my lower back and hip pain a few weeks ago. I especially appreciate the recommendations to see a physiatrist, which is a specialty I wasn't familiar with.

I saw a physiatrist today, and he was excellent. I had xrays, and he spent 30 minutes with me, talking and checking my painful areas, flexibility, strength and range of motion. I really liked him and was very pleased with his thoroughness. It was far better than seeing a GP for this type of issue.

The diagnosis is a few different things-- Bursitis, impingement in my hip joint, very strong quads and hip flexors with weaker hamstrings and hip extensors. Overall, I'm starting to get "sway" and curvature in my lower back, which completely freaks me out. I was hyper aware of my posture all day :-)

I will go to PT once a week for three weeks, do some exercises, and if I'm still having problems, I'll move on to having the bursitis drained and injected with cortisone. It sounds like a horrible procedure, so I'm hoping to avoid it.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!