SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taiyang_chen

buckling bamboo floor... help!

Tai Yang Chen
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm having some problem with the bamboo floor I have some contractor installed 8 months ago and I'm really hoping someone can shine some light on it for me.

During these 8 months after installation the floor are starting to buckle, while it's not very severe, you can definitely see it everywhere. I had some moisture experts coming in to take a look at the floor and the wall, they said there's no leak and my floor and wall are as dry as they should be. So my next suspicion would be the material so I called the manufacturer of the flooring, the glue, and the moisture barrier; unfortunately, no one is willing to take the blame. This is turning into a nightmare!! what can I do?

Here are some facts about my floor:

- It is glued down onto concrete slab, with Roberts R1509 and moisture barrier is bostik MVP

- The flooring has been accumulated in the box (closed) inside the garage for at least a week. then, in the box (opened) inside the house for 3 days (minimum days required written on the box) The instruction that came with the box said you're supposed to take them out and stack them on top of each other for air ventilation though..

- There are space left between the flooring and the wall all around the space

- my house's humidity level is between 35% - 50%

Comments (6)