SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurel_warner

I'm told you guys need to look at my kitchen

Laurel Warner
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi - My husband and I are building a house in Wasilla, AK. The house is all framed up, and they are putting the roof on now. Here is our first floor. I was told our kitchen needs tweaking. Here is our thought process for how it is now:

1) We walk straight in from the mud room, which means we do not have to go far to put groceries away

2) The pantry is very close to the garage to allow big things to get put away quickly without having to traipse through the house.

3) We have a peninsula to allow for extra seating, which means the island can be strictly a work island (I originally did not have it, but the husband really wanted it)

4) I have checked clearances for islands and we have above the minimum on all sides, but I do admit it will be tight with the fridge there.

5) The cooktop, ovens, and fridge are close together so that work zone doesn't involve too much walking between components

6) The dishwasher is in our "cleanup zone" next to the sink

Because we are framed up we cannot change any walls now. They are where they will stay. Any other changes can potentially be done though. Except the sink - we can't move it because they already put in the window which is supposed to go above it.

Thanks!

Comments (40)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!