SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aas178

Does anyone know what this pipe is called & where I can get longer one

aas178
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi, so long story here... started a massive master suite remodel about 10 months ago, and we are finally finishing it up. We purchased 2 Artos Waterfall Shower Heads (F203-6) back in march/april when we were doing the rough ins. At that time I noticed one of the threaded wall union pipes was longer than all of the others, so I contacted Quality Bath (where i purchased it from), and they put me in touch with Artos-Westover who sent me out the correct matching part... only to find out that after the tile went up, all of the rough ins were set too deep for the threaded unions to work. We followed all directions and actually didn't even set them as deep as the directions called for... so I contacted quality bath again, who put me in touch with Artos-Westover and they told me they would send me out unions to make them work. The unions came and we attempted to use them, but the issue is that the short threaded wall pipes are so short they do not come out the back of the trim plate far enough to seat into the unions, which resulted in a leak. So very long story long... does anyone know what these pieces are and where I could find longer pieces? Here are some pics to help show what I'm talking about. The piece in question is the chrome thing with a brass tip. If you look at it head on, the top has an allen key hole that allows you to tighten it from the inside of the water outlet.

Here is also a link to the instructions on Artos-Westover's site... it is not very helpful, but figured I'd post it to help.

http://artos-westover.com/core/media/media.nl?id=158672&c=3599012&h=84695c0625ccde57bfb7&_xt=.pdf

Comments (3)