SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teach_gw

Anyone know where I can get these older HT's?

teach
14 years ago

My small urban garden is just about filled and there is not a lot of room left for more pots. I have been trying to get a few of the roses that I don't have, and am having rotten luck.

TAISCHA: While Moore's Roses had a website I ordered this rose and was later told they were sold out. No more website, Ebay storefront closed. I am on Vintage Garden's wait list, but that could take quite a while. Last year I found it at Garden Valley Ranch, but they had just sold their last one. HelpMeFind.com mentions only Burkard Nurseries in California in addition to Vintage Gardens. They don't ship. NC Roseland used to have it, but they are out of business. Yesterday I saw it at Growquest, again as sold out. Despite having an old note saying not to use them, I wrote to see if they'd put me on a wait list. Today I got an email saying they'll never have it again.

SEPTEMBER MORN: I was on a wait list with Ashdown but who knows what is going on there (and they are the only ones I know of to have another rose I want, ELLIOTT'S CLEMENTINE), Rogue Valley is sold out, I am on Vintage Garden's wait list, but again, who knows how long that will be.

Rogue Valley is also sold out of EMILY but Antique Rose Emporium still lists it. Despite allowing their cookies, it keeps not showing up in my sales cart, so I'll have to call.

RED DEVIL: I am on Vintage Garden's wait list, Hortico used to list it, then listed it as available to next year and then stopped saying when it was available. I've been trying to get this rose for a number of years. I orginally had it from Historical Roses in Painesville, Oh which shut down due to retirement/death a number of years ago. Bad year took it. I still have pictures which reinforce me in my desire to get it again.

I was supposed to get ECLAIR from Ashdown last year, gave up and ordered two from Greenmantle, asked for my money back but haven't heard from Paul. Will also try, if they aren't sold out, to get Chartreuse de Parme from Roses Unlimited. I had this on order also from Ashdown and was told last year they were going to use my roses as the mother plant, so didn't ship. They have my money for these two roses from charging my credit card several years ago, when asked I always said I wanted the rose shipped the following year instead of a credit. Trish recently assured me in an email that they would ship me Chartreuse de Parme, who knows.

I can probably find PURPLE TIGER (Floribunda, not a HT) somewhere. I am on the wait list for ORCHID MASTERPIECE from Vintage Gardens, but I am not as desperate to get it, as I've never seen it. I had it ordered and confirmed from Sequoia but didn't receive it, then when I followed up it was too late, too bad. Due to various health problems, I'm not on this forum much, so didn't see about Sequoia's sale until rather late.

I did succeed in getting two mini LAVENDER CRYSTAL from Burlington Rose to be shipped this spring, but she didn't list the other roses on the availability list I received.

I started to look online in November but a lot of places didn't have the catalog online, then health and resulting backup to to do list stopped me from continuing, that is why I am a bit late in looking.

If anyone can help out, I would appreciate it.

Comments (10)