SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merlena87

End of season surprises

Sara-Ann Z6B OK
8 years ago

It happens every year, and it always makes me a little sad, but with the season beginning about a week earlier and ending a little later than normal, I've had blooms for about a month longer than normal. I was able to bring in a few more today, but that will definitely be the end of my blooms. There have been some pleasant late season surprises, one especially is Memorial Day, pictured here.

and Angel Face is another

Also Brigadoon and Moonstone. Memorial Day and Moonstone had some disappointing blooms early on, even though I could tell they both seemed fairly prolific. MD especially began setting on beautiful blooms in late summer and I haven't been disappointed since. Moonstone took longer, but gave me a few attractive ones recently, both roses have substance. Angel Face has done well all season and put on quite a few blooms for its final flush. It's a sweet floribunda, the color not quite as pretty as Love Song, but oh the fragrance! Brigadoon is a lovely rose and I thought it did great for an own root hybrid tea. There are others too, but for end of season blooms those stand out. Beverly set on quite a few buds recently, only one opened though.

Those mentioned are all new this year, they along with several other newly planted roses make me look forward to seeing what they'll do in 2016!

Comments (9)