SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

"Escape to the Country" : Sort of an English House Hunters

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Only much better than House Hunters! kswl2 mentioned this BBC show in the thread on compromise, so I searched and found many episodes on YouTube. I watched several of them yesterday and I'm already addicted. The show's premise is much like HH, except they follow a couple moving from an English city to the country, viewing three properties with a "mystery house" shown to them at the end. The houses are so charming and interesting to me, but of course I have long had an affinity for all things English, so this is right up my alley. The couples don't annoy me by whining about things that aren't "updated", and it's very interesting to see where their priorities lie. Big, family-gathering kitchens and outdoor spaces for entertaining. (Yes, they do talk about entertaining a good deal!) It's fascinating to see the interiors of 16th century Suffolk homes and Cornish fisherman's cottages. I never before longed to live in a barn conversion, but now I certainly do. Looks like the couples don't always end up choosing any of the homes shown to them, so it feels more real than HH in that regard. The houses are so pretty - of course, it helps that the price ranges (at least in the episodes I've seen so far) are 350-650k GBP! I am going to have a total binge-fest for some time to come watching all of these. I'm really enjoying seeing a lot of the places I've visited, and discovering new little villages that I never even knew existed.

Anyone else an addict?

Comments (30)