SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

Sharon (Chase) question about Rt. 66 (OT)

sally2_gw
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Sharon, if you're still here, I'm wondering about motels along the western portion of Route 66. Jerry and I are heading to California for a wedding, and will be spending a small amount of time exploring Route 66. I've booked the Blue Swallow Motel in Tucumcari, NM, but am stumped about points further west. We could stay in Flagstaff, Seligman, or Kingman, and still make our deadline of reaching Temecula (where we're going) in time for the rehearsal dinner. Flagstaff may be a bit too far, but it might be on our agenda for the trip back. Anyway, where did you stay when you took your trip? We're on a small, small budget, too, maybe $70.00 per night, or less. It looks like there are a few cute motels in Seligman, but it sure is hard to tell just by pictures on the internet.

Has anyone else traveled in that area? Do you have advise?

Edited to add this question, and to help it be on the "cooking" topic a little. Any good, cheap places to eat that aren't the standard chains? Remembering that I'm vegetarian and we're traveling in Beef country, it might a challenge.

Sally

Comments (17)