SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizbest1

Lovely Day for a Blizzard!

lizbest1
8 years ago

So I woke to total silence in the house--a weird one for me because there's always a tv or music on when everyone's home. We have Direct TV and Hughes Net, both were out because of the weather. So out I go at 0330 in the morning in long robe, snowboots and a broom to knock the accumulated snow of the dishes....not my finest moment. Snow is over my boots and freezing my feet and calves before I get off our deck. Can't tell if it's still snowing or if it's just the wind blowing hard little bits of ice around. Missed a step. Luckily it was near the bottom or I would've done my first splits since middle school. Weird how scary your own back yard can be when the weather turns crazy! Husband is at work in Aurora or I would've pestered him into doing it for me. Daughter is asleep in my bed, terrified because the lights flickered out a couple of times earlier in the night. Funny how the threat of pitch black and no electronics can turn an 18 year old back into a toddler afraid of the boogie man....No school for her tomorrow (Douglas County closed) or work for me (on vacation, yeah!) so I'm going to open all of the curtains and enjoy not having to go out into this mess! Except for sweeping off the dishes to continue having tv and internet. And taking the dogs out. Oh well, my feet will thaw, eventually....

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting