SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Williams Sonoma tablecloth issues

bbstx
8 years ago

I have an issue with a Wiliams Sonoma tablecloth that I use maybe twice a year. This is the W-S website photo of the tablecloth:

Every time I've used the cloth, I've had it dry cleaned, mostly because it is Indian cotton and I assumed it would be a pain to iron. However, this time I decided to wash it because I needed it again sooner than the turn around time on dry cleaning.

It bled horribly. The formerly-gold leaves are now a putrid peach. They no longer match or even coordinate with the gold napkins that I use with it.

I called W-S customer service. The first person I talked to immediately handed me off to a supervisor (fwiw, I took the position that I was disappointed. I never raised my voice or made a scene. I just repeated that I was disappointed that the tablecloth didn't perform up to W-S standards). Because the tablecloth is outside the warranty period, their only offer was to give me 15% off a new one. Should I try to pursue a better resolution or just let it go? Short of a new tablecloth, what would be a better resolution?

Comments (46)