SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmy2373

Need Advice on waste line Installation

tmy2373
8 years ago

Greetings. I am converting a small room (8x8) that was a nursery connected to the MBR into a bathroom, with tile shower, toilet and vanity, no tub. This room is directly over our foyer which only has 1 interior wall and that wall has a large doorway in it, so finding walls to run pipe is tough.. I want the vent up through an outside wall because the third floor is open space above bath so nowhere to hide the vent if it comes up the inside wall. I assume I have to run the waste line down through the interior wall due to freezing?
Questions:
1. Because of the location of an open doorway in the foyer and the appliances in the bathroom plan, the waste line crosses the 8ft span of the bath room from the vent to the down turn (assuming I have to run waste line in interior wall. This first run is between floor joists, but then it has to do a 90 and cut through about 5 floor joists, then turn 90 for the drop to the basement. So the waste line will have a 90. I am assuming if I use 2-45's at this turn and maintain pitch this is ok?
2. Do I actually have to run the waste line in an interior wall? the waste line from our primary bathroom runs down an exterior wall and we've never had a problem? I might be able to avoid all this joist cutting and the 90 if I can run the waste down through the exterior wall?
3, Because I am pulling up the existing floor, I can sister each cut joist pretty well as the house main beam supports the inside wall of the room, so I assume I can U-cut the joists and then sister them.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths