SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_h12

Thinking about next year already ;)

stephanie_h12
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I started a new bed this year and have been perusing this forum along with the perennial forum for most of the summer and am anticipating spring's arrival. Yes, I know it is a long way off but still... so much to do, so little time. ;)

We've had a mild fall and lots of rain and was wondering if it is a good time to put out more sluggo now or if I would be wasting my money. They killed me this year and I don't think next year will be any better. I have found dozens of the things while removing leaves and even though I've killed all the ones I've found I keep thinking there must be 50 hiding that I haven't seen.

I think that instead of buying all the different plants that were once on my list I'm going to buy multiples of some that I planted this year and try to make it more cohesive. I want to buy two more stained glass and two more halycon for a larger clump but the rest that I bought are going to be theoretically large and I may not buy more of those.

On the other hand is it going to be boring with multiples of the same one?
I've seen so many pictures of gorgeous beds so artfully arranged and I then I look at mine and sigh. lol

Comments (77)