SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myrealnameismama_goose

My dear brother brought me a load of gravel today ...

mama goose_gw zn6OH
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

... just as I was getting ready to walk out the door to pick up our mother at physical therapy, where I'd left her an hour earlier. He'd been telling me he was going to bring the gravel for the last three weeks--I wanted to make sure it was on the driveway before the bad weather starts. I should have known better when he said it would take only a couple of minutes to spread it with his dump truck.

I moved my car and truck up into the back yard, so that the drive was clear and he had room to turn around behind the house. He made the first pass, turned around, and just as he pulled even with the back of my house, the dump bed stuck, and he dropped a huge pile in the middle of the driveway. A pile 15" high, the width of the driveway, and there was nothing either of us could do to stop it. And both of my vehicles were in the back yard.

I grabbed two shovels, and said, "OK, buddy, we're digging me outta here, unless you want to pick up Mom in the dump truck." Which he thought would be hilarious.

We cleared enough gravel for me to squeeze my car around, with him doing the 'turn this way--turn the other way' hand signals, and then I shoveled gravel for an hour after I returned home. I finally gave up and mowed grass until after dark. I still have a nice pile to finish tomorrow ... but it's my son-in-law's day off, and I'll have help.

So, I did three things today. ;)

Comments (15)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio