SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chubby_rat

What brought a smile to your face today?

chubby_rat
15 years ago

Could be anything....

Mine was ,Chica ate really good(Cooked chicken for her) and then she PRANCED to the door to go out! I almost yelled YIPPEE! But I did have some tears! LOL!

Comments (58)

• Jasdip
    15 years ago

Roxie the youngest cat. She has more fun running around, over the furniture all by herself. Too funny watching her.

• 3katz4me
    15 years ago

I hired three new employees who will be based in Australia. They came to the US last night for two weeks of training. I picked them up today (Saturday) and took them around the city for the afternoon. One is probably in his 40's the other two probably in their late 20's. The younger two have never been to the US. Though they are all Australian citizens none are natives - one was born in Singapore, one in Hong Kong and one in Pakistan. They were delightful people to spend an afternoon with. Highly educated, intelligent, positive, enthusiastic, fun, appreciative and polite. They made me smile all afternoon.

• Related Discussions

Look what my BIL brought me today...

Q

Comments (4)
    LOL Roselee, Yep it does look good. I got me some good ol' donkey poo today. I'm very happy it was a special gift from a friend. I think I ate some of it too....the poo/hay mix was dry and it was windy outside the two don't mix. It blew into my face yuck. At least I don't have to worry about it being harmfull :)
    ...See More

A guy brought a Mr. Stripey to work today, I think not!

Q

Comments (12)
    Actually there are two Mr. Stripeys. The first one, called Tigerella is a small red with gold stripes and was bred by the Glasshouse Research inst in England and came out of the same cross that gave us Craigella and Tangella. I like the latter two but not the first one. Tigerella quickly became known as Mr. Stripey. Then the former owner of the stable of companies that were sold to Jung's a few years ago came up with a typical large gold/red bicolor of which there are about 150 similar varieties, sent the seeds to Seeds by Design in CA, a wholesale place, and they didn't know there already was a MR. Stripey so called this second oone Mr. Stripey as well. Thus leading to lots of confusion at several seed sites where the two were confused. Seeds by Design sends out a list of varieties to many commercial large scale farmers, nurseries and the like, which is why you see the large bicolor one at almost ALL of the big box stores and nurseries. But you say red with black stripes, probably dark green actually, and there are several varieties that look like that and one I know is at Territorial Seeds. Hope that helps. Carolyn
    ...See More

RECIPE: Might as well go with a smile on your face!

Q

Comments (15)
    Oh my goodness gracious! This is a good cheesecake! My family has renamed it Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake because the folded-in whipped cream really lightened it up. I simplified the baking by: wrap the outside of the pan in aluminum foil. In a water bath, bake at 325F until sides are set, but it is still slightly "jiggly" in the center, 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven to cool on wire rack. Immediately, run a knife around the edge to loosen the cake from the sides (this will prevent the cake from cracking as it cools). Cool on rack for 30 minutes. Loosely cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 8 hours (overnight is best), plate and serve. I have added this to my list of cheesecakes to die for! Thank you Ginger for the post.
    ...See More

Put a smile on your face!

Q

Comments (10)
    They have to be doing something as I keep seeing her watching something above her head and you sorta see something move and then she roars with laughter and then they feed the dog popcorn. Whatever its quite the laugh on that baby. Joy to hear babies laugh like that.
    ...See More
  • jeaninwa
    15 years ago

Usually, the big table of huge pale blue/white pansies with the beautiful colorful pots next to them would have made me smile, but today.....they reminded me of what I cannot have and just made me very sad.
    This will be the first year in just about forever that I won't have a garden.........

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

I had to smile at myself for being angry at Denny for not getting home in time for us to go to church....I thought it was Sunday and got up, cleaned up and dressed up then sat there and waited...

Just another one of my blond moments...only I'm not blond...

Now I've got to do all that over in the morning...

• casey_nfld
    15 years ago

We went to a concert tonight, Great Big Sea. They are so energetic, we had a great time.

• Nita__AZ
    15 years ago

All the emails I am getting from KTer's all over Texas about meeting us next month. What a great KT family we have.

I am also having a great time with Bobby's other grandparents who are here until tomorrow morning. They are going to take Bobby home with them for Spring Break vacation.

• lilliepad
    15 years ago

My 2 grand babies "talking" to me on the phone.I am missing them soooo much! They are starting to crawl and I'm missing it.Gotta make a trip soon.
    CR,it's great to hear that Chica is is prancing.My little Chiquita is almost 13 and I can see every day that she is slowly going down.I was afraid we were going to lose her after the attack by the other dogs and was surprised she came out of it so well.There are days though that she just stays in her bed.Then there are days when she is very active and will even play with her toys a little bit.I love it when she perks up her big ole ears and curls her tail over her back and prances around!LOL I hope chica continues to improve.

• evatx
    15 years ago

Hearing that MaryAnn's surgery is over, went well and she's already home!

• intherain
    15 years ago

Spending the day with my husband and daughter.

• nicki_in_niles
    15 years ago

This thread. :o)

• janemarie5
    15 years ago

Spent a wonderful day with DH and went out to dinner with my brother, his wife and DN, yesterday was filled with lots of smiles and laughs. I just got up so the smiles haven't stated quite yet LOL and I am grateful everyday for all the little things that bring smiles.

• lucinda_grow
    15 years ago

Delivering a new baby that was to impatient to wait for the doctors.Never fails to bring a smile.

• clubm
    15 years ago

My 3yr old grandson Connor.

• missindia2020
    15 years ago

1) Taking my little girl to her first roller skating lesson after watching her get an award for cheerleading last night

2) Getting my hair highlighted - I'm only going every 8 weeks and was ready to be blonder! :)

• azzalea
    15 years ago

Was unpacking some boxes at the 'new' house and came across DD's bunnykins b'day plate--Besides the fact that I'd thought it had gotten lost in the move, that plate has some fun memories attached to it. To this day--even though she's in her late 20's, I STILL serve her b'day cake on it.

• itsmesuzq
    15 years ago

I just ordered some quilting fabric online, then went to the quilter's forum (Garden Web) and enjoyed looking at some beautiful new projects that people had made...

I'm still smiling. As you can tell my new passion (quilting) makes me very happy.

Susan

• LorifromUtah
    15 years ago

My very pregnant corgi, laying in the middle of the kitchen looking like a little sorrel-colored beached whale.

LOL

Lori

• shellm
    15 years ago

My 15 yr old son getting his Eagle Scout project done,and thanking me for being his biggest "cheerleader" and encouraging him all the way.

Shelley

• nodakgal
    15 years ago

Go Chica! That put one smile on my face just picturing her!

The other smile was FINALLY found some yarn (Vanna's Choice) at a good deal ($1.99 skein) AND a free pattern for a afgahn I want to try!
    If it turns out I will give it to DS. I am having trouble finding the right colors for one for the living room for myself.

• lindaohnowga
    15 years ago

The terrified look on the faces of two squirrels when hubby let our dog out the front door to chase them made us laugh. Those squirrels will come right up to the window to torment the dog, knowing she is inside and they are safe. Wrong! LOL

• caroline94535
    15 years ago

All these posts...and watching Sam sleep in the sunbeam. He was son content, and so sound asleep I didn't make him get up to take his official nap in the kennel.

Sunbeam Sammy.

• dollydolots
    15 years ago

My DD phoning and saying she was in Hong Kong, ready to
    catch her flight home. She had been in Thailand for 3 weeks.

• Marcia Thornley
    15 years ago

I had visit over lunch with my Mom and the other residents at the nursing home. It is always so much fun!

• barbara3
    15 years ago

My SIL came to visit and brought her two dogs. They are both long-haired daschund/shi tsu cross. One is 1 1/2 years old and the puppy is 2 months. Our Golden, Henry, was afraid of the puppy and kept running away from him. It was funny to watch. But he soon got used to him and wanted to play.

• barb_from_pa
    15 years ago

The dear little baby who was baptized in church this morning.

• maryanntx
    15 years ago

Today? It would have to be when my son brought me my mail!
    I was deluged with cards and goodies from KT friends!

• gneegirl
    15 years ago

Meeting so many pleasant people - was running lots of errands and even though it was raining, lots of people were out and about, and actually smiling and laughing. The customer in front of me at BB&B gave me FIVE coupons since I forgot mine.

Smiling at my willpower - QVC has Coodking Day and I've only made one small purchase - LOL.

• luckygardnr
    15 years ago

I answered the phone tonite and it was my Grandsons singing Happy Birthday to me. They are 7 and 3. Lord, I'm nuts over those boys! LOL!

• flopsy
    15 years ago

Loved reading these posts . . . the children singing in church this morning, looking at the just hatched crested polish chicks and the 3 broody mutt hens who hatched them and are sharing mother duties, and tonight visiting our two youngest grandsons who live next door. One is 9, the other 1, and they love each other so much, makes my heart sing.

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Yesterday it was a beautiful moment in a wedding when the bride's 10 year old son walked her down the aisle and gave her away to his new dad! He walked so proudly and seemed so serious when he shook the groom's hand, then placed his mom's hand in the groom's. Yea, I cried but I smiled too.

Today it was seeing a Giant Swallowtail butterfly and a hummingbird in the garden at the same time. THAT'S true riches!

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

Watching our Discovery space shuttle take off!!

• sue_va
    15 years ago

Not just smiling, but lots of laughter too.

Spent the afternoon with my DD, my DGS and his bride-to-be. We drove up the narrow winding road to the top of the mountain to the church where their wedding will be in May. Then we checked out the Community Center, about 5 miles away where the reception will be.

It was foggy up top and looking down through the bare trees was like a painting.

Being with family at times like this is, as they say, priceless.

Sue

• stephanie_in_ga
    15 years ago

My children were very helpful today getting some housecleaning done. They chose jobs and did them without complaint, just chipped in and got the jobs done. Sometimes there are signs that I am making progress in this child-rearing business. ;o)

• susanjf_gw
    15 years ago

driving home from dd's shoulder surgery and seeing dh! it was a busy 4 days, but she's going to be fine, and boy does my own bed look good!

• teresava
    15 years ago

Lets see...this thread started on Sat:

Went to a kids sale and got a few GREAT buys, exactly what I was looking for.

Dropped off a bag of food to the local comm center having a big food drive and felt good to be helping out someone.

Picked up a book that I've had on hold at the library forever.

Sunday's highlights:
    Both girls slept all night (rare event in our house these days!)

DD had a great 1st swim lesson-so happy for her.

Had book club and spent half the time chatting about girl stuff! Such a nice break from the kids!

• joyfulguy
    15 years ago

Ole decrepit battery not strong enough to start car (usual), so started charger, then fed cats, couldn't find slippers in car, didn't have time to go back to house to get them, was teased about wearing white socks on dirty floor at church while having coffee at social hour after church.

They tell me that it would be a good idea to get a new battery. Usually car starts on the next morning after it's been out, but it was out last on Thurs. Starts O.K while running around during the day - but dare not leave lights on while it stops for 5 min. during gas-up, or batty. prob. too low to start it. Nice to be sitting on even a tiny slope at a time like that.

ole joyful

• chubby_rat
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So Good to see that many have something that made them smile! Does my heart good!

• nodakgal
    15 years ago

I'm smiling today too! One of my best friends moved suddenly about 5 years ago. We managed to get together once or twice a year if she comes back. Got a call she will be in town today for a funeral and we will get together for coffee in about an hour! Its going to be great! Gab and rehash old times, family, and grandbabies.

• maryanntx
    15 years ago

This post just keeps on going CR. And how is Ms Chica doing today?

Monday's smile was when my good friend called to tell me she was driving over for a morning visit. I know that means lots of laughter coming.
    I'm glad we all so much to smile over.

• jannie
    15 years ago

Knowing Chica is doing better today makes my day! Hurray for Chica!

• Nita__AZ
    15 years ago

Bobby is gone for a week with his other grandparents. I am going walking with my best friend of 37 years. The sun is shining and it's going to be a beautiful day.

I woke up on the right side of the grass.

• samkaren
    15 years ago

Waking up and seeing my Dusty curled up in DH's arm and my OKE curled up by his legs. Such a sweet sight

SamKaren
    your resident DJ

• jel48
    15 years ago

The weather. It kept me smiling all weekend and still is today. Our snowpiles are getting smaller with this beautiful spring weather, including SUN!

• sue_va
    15 years ago

Just started reading here at the KT.

This is what made me smile:

Teresa said:

Went to a kids sale and got a few GREAT buys, exactly what I was looking for.

You bought some kids? Exactly what you were looking for? Tell us more!! ;-)

Sue

• kframe19
    15 years ago

My smile will come this evening when I get home and Mason greets me at the door.

• debnfla8b
    15 years ago

That my Mother was still alive and breathing when I walked into her house this morning. She is only 74 years old and has severe COPD/Emphysema.

Deb

• cheri2008
    15 years ago

my granddaughter, age 16, got her drivers license today, I have spent lots of time with her "practicing" Mom and Dad
    make her too nervous, and vice versa,but Nana keeps a cool head,have really enjoyed spending the time with her.. she is such a great kid. So I feel I get to share in her milestone.. I"m happy for her... and she passed on the first try.....

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    15 years ago

Today I went with my youngest daughter and her neighbor and her little girl that isn't quite two years old. We ordered food to eat and sat outside. My daughter and I took our dogs. I showed the little girl that I was teaching my dog to sit and repeated it several times. All at once the little girl started trying to make my dog sit. Very smart little one, she can already count to 14!

• joyfulguy
    15 years ago

Hi maybee,

Have you found anything to make you smile yet??

Or are you waiting to find a bee in May?

ole joyful

• jemdandy
    15 years ago

After a long and dreary winter, yesterday and today, it was sunshine all day, and today's temperature hit 60 F. I went walking with my coat un-zipped and my cap in my pocket. It was too early see signs of spring in the flora, but animals were on the move. I'm seeing ducks that had dissapepared last fall and the ever present Canada Geese, except some of these geese are migrating flocks, not the local ones. There was a 'silly' robin singing out his territory, and I heard the call of a woodpecker staking out his boundary. I met people walking who ahd not been out much and they all had smiles. This break in the weather also brought out the infirm walkers, those who walked bent over and with a shuffle, some favoring a sore hip, - but all with smiles.