SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tye22tye

Lawn Regimen

tye22tye
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello,

I had started a new lawn this past couple of months, thank you for everyone's help in my previous threads.

In a nut shell, I seeded and used starter fertilizer on 9/1/15 and on or about 10/1/15 I had fungicided and reseeded. About a week or so later I fertilized for the second time.

At this point today, the lawn came in great and I had cut it a few times already. My questions:

1) I assume that the season is over at this point or is it? Should I do anything before winter like fertilizing again or no? I'm in long island so winter is approaching.

2) I am looking for a general regimen to maintain this lawn in the coming seasons. What is a general way to do this and at what times? Crabgrass control, weed control, fungicide, seeding,etc? I am all about a one stop product but i assume that is not possible, so what are recommendations as far as products to put on lawn, at what times and dates, to maintain lawn? (I am a first timer here). I know this may be a difficult question without a soil test, but what is a general rule? Long island

Comments (47)