SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimmylang

Back to the drawing board....Layout help please?!?

Kimmy_MA
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello All,

I posted back in September asking for design ideas/layout help for my kitchen and got some great ideas. However, after much thought we've decided to try replace and work around old and existing large windows. We are able to move the laundry and bathroom to another area, so that's frees up a lot of square footage. I've also fine tuned the measurements.

First layout post

I am completely head over heels in love with mommytofive's Dutchwood kitchen (courtesy of Buehl) It ticks ALL the boxes for me... Sort of an unfitted look pieced around big old windows. Can you help me fit this kitchen, or something very close to it, into my space?

Dutchwood and soapstone

While exploring, we found the lower left window boarded up behind the wall. The window facing the back yard was a single before someone jammed TWO in the space. We are replacing the windows according to old photos. I can't open the bearing wall between the DR and the kitchen. I'm not married to the idea of the sink under a window. I'd like an island with a prep sink and seating for at least three. It's a busy kitchen with three young kids. We are home all day.

Appliances: (changed from initial post)

64" Frigidaire twin fridge/freezer (26" depth)

30" Gas range with 36" hood

24" Bosch DW

33" Farmers sink (Kohler Whitehaven?)

24" Microwave drawer

Many thanks in advance for any and all assistance rendered!

Comments (19)