SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
billiewarrick

Need help identifying a couple of trees in zone 7

billiewarrick
8 years ago

Hi all,

Thanks for your help identifying some things in my yard. I have two trees I'm trying to decide what to do with. I'm in zone 7, Baltimore 'burbs.

First Mystery Tree:

One is medium sized and in the middle of the yard, very close to a dogwood. I thought it was a dogwood because we have about 15 dogwoods and it has a similar stature. But all of the dogwoods have turned maroon/red and lost their leaves already while this one is still totally green and now that I look closer, its leaves are a bit different.

Here are some pictures although I can't get up high enough to get the best shot of the top. A few of the leaves are starting to turn bright red/orange.

Second Mystery Tree:

The other question I have is a tree that's on the edge of the yard and may be a candidate for moving to a different spot if it's worth keeping. It's very close to a huuuuuge Oak tree and won't have room to grow very much.

The leaves aren't remarkable, but the bark is sort of shiny. Trunk is about an inch and a half diameter and largest leaf is about 4-5 inches.

Thank you for your help. This forum has been really great and I hope to someday pay it forward.

Comments (5)