SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

My umpteenth living room post: please help with a coffee table

smalloldhouse_gw
8 years ago

I'm almost ashamed to ask again, but I have trouble making decisions and GW is my sounding board. We're more than a year out from a big renovation of our (still) small kitchen, which prompted a lot of mission creep to the adjoining rooms, especially the living room. My husband's fixation has been on replacing our old whitewashed teak coffee table, which has seen far too windex and legos. I've managed to replace almost everything else - new couches, new (old) rug (bought when I was supposed to be finding a runner for the kitchen), and new lighting and art waiting to be installed. But the coffee table still eludes me, not sure why I'm so undecided.

So the decision is in your hands. I need to order this week in hopes of having something before Thanksgiving. The table needs to survive two big elementary aged boys and their endless lego creations. Here's a photo, and a couple of the latest contenders. TIA for any and all opinions!

One more which I can't manage to download a photo for: http://www.hayneedle.com/product/riverside-furniture-lorraine-cocktail-table.cfm?ltype=child&tid=RVS2954-1

Comments (33)