SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lemwin

Help...Need a decision on kitchen...hubby doing elec this week

lemwin
8 years ago

Here's the deal. Building a brand new house. Basic U shaped kitchen with an island in the middle that looks out to a large living dining space with magnificent view. It's just the two of us now - we have grown children, maybe grandchildren someday. We cook quite often, hubby works everyday, we have breakfast together every morning and dinner. A friend told me her favorite part of her new kitchen was the warming drawer. I had never heard of one and decided I must have! I use my oven in our rent house almost every meal just to keep everything warm so we can sit down together and have warm food. But now I am torn. Do I really want this? Right now plan is electric wall oven with warm drawer underneath. Gas cooktop in the island. But maybe a double oven is better(I can always use one for warming(someone else told me just use your oven with a pan of water in it to keep food from drying out). OR...another option is do a drop in gas range in the island instead of cooktop. That way, I have a gas oven to use if power goes out. I would skip the warming drawer with this option, perhaps find a drop in with a warming drawer on the bottom(which seems ridiculously cumbersome to me so might use the electric wall oven with the water in this case). Sorry if this is worried - I'm in a bit of panic because he's ready to go on the electrical :) Send me some wisdom please.

Comments (4)