SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008

Late night cooking

debrak_2008
8 years ago

Is your kitchen used late at night?

When remodeling, I never thought noise would be an issue even though our master bedroom would be directly over the kitchen. When first done I had some issues hearing people making breakfast but soon got used to it and now it never wakes me up.

Then DD started having friends over to make cakes etc. Often their cooking would go late and I would be yelling down the stairs to please be quieter.

Now DS cooks most of his own meals, as he is on some body building diet. He comes into the kitchen to start all his cooking for the next day at about 10 pm just when we are going to bed. He turns the exhaust fan on high, has the radio on, runs the blender, etc.

Not looking for advice on what to do now. We have asked DS to please start cooking earlier but that is not always possible for him.

All this just surprises me as we never expected the kitchen to get so much use after dinner time. As a teenager you would never find me in the kitchen at all at anytime. Even now, if I'm working on something for the next day I tend to say "I'll do it in the morning" rather than be in the kitchen late.

Do you cook late and is noise an issue?

Comments (9)