SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melis918

Yet another question about my family room!

Melissa Kroger
8 years ago

I have posted several questions about my family room and everyone has been so helpful! My plan is to have one row of bricks on the FP removed and move the mantle down, thus bringing the tv down a bit for easier viewing, then have the bricks painted white or very light gray. The wall color and rug are tbd, but the kitchen (open to fr) will basically be white, gray and black. There will be built ins under the windows on each side of the FP that will be for media storage (on the right) and cookbooks and such (on the left). All of this can wait until January when the kitchen will be done except the sofa and chairs needs to be replaced ASAP. One of our older cats had a problem some time ago and peed so many times on that sofa that is reeks. It's actually repulsive! Atticus (the cat) is fine now, but Dh wants that sofa replaced! He doesn't care what I get or spend, he just wants me to order something! We are keeping the same configuration for a million reasons, but I'm planning to replace the 2 chairs with a small sofa or loveseat. My question is: should it match the sofa exactly or somehow be different? (Color or style?) I keep thinking in a small space like this it should be the same, but I dot want to be boring or unimaginative. I am hoping you will give me the confidence to just go out and buy something already!

Heres the Fr and the sofa I'm considering below:

Comments (17)