SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
erical62477

Finalizing cabinet order this week... any last minute thoughts for me?

Erica L
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

This has been a very long process and we are going to be finalizing all the details this week so that materials can be ordered. This will be semi custom - they build the boxes and order doors/trim/etc from Conastoga. It will be a white Shaker kitchen with Torquay counters. Island will be grey glaze. Sink is Kohler Whitehaven.

Appliances: Bosch 800 DW, MW drawer, counter depth fridge and cooktop; Electrolux double oven.

I am attaching our floorplan, current picture of our kitchen and then some detailed drawings.

A couple things to note:
We are a family of 5 - kids are 9, 8 and 3. So we plan on being in this house a LONG time.We are replacing our entire downstairs wood floors with a medium grey hickory 5" plank.
The wall where the fridge currently is and has a pocket door will just become a passthrough to our dining room with double sided glass cabinets. The kitchen table will go away - island will be about 132X65. We are covering up the window on the back wall. Window by the kitchen table looks out at our pool/spa. It's not changing... weird angle has to stay. Next to it is triple pocket sliders with large window on top (22 feet ceilings).
Gas cooktop will now be induction (which means I think I can do a working drawer under it now!).Cabinets will go to the ceiling - they are 10 foot ceilings.

I'm just looking for any last minute words of wisdom from you folks as you have great ideas! Please don't tell me to leave the window, etc as that means we would have to start all over... and at $100/hr for my designer, her work is done! :)

Thanks so much!

Comments (35)