Adult coloring books
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (27)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
What do you think of adult coloring books?
Comments (99)I did a new piece yesterday using crayons, I like how it turned out. Unfortunately my crayons are Crazart brand which are extremely cheap and it shows. I already had those which I had for a previous project. I might get a better quality crayon. I agree I am sure that the more expensive special pencils would be much easier to use. I will consider getting better tools if I think this hobby will last. So far I am enjoying it. I too wish we had a place we could discuss it more and show our work for comments and suggestions. I don't do FB but I have read that Angie Grace group and enjoy the pictures. Maybe we could ask for one as a sub forum for KT, like some have the conversation sub forums. We could have a sub forum KT Hobbies discussions,or something like that. That way it could include all varieties of our hobbies from art, photography, writing, animals, what ever your hobby is....See MoreSo if you like adult coloring books, how about...
Comments (1)That sounds like fun, but it reminds me too much of art exercises that I hated and rebelled against. It's a lot different when you're not being judged! And you can skip the ones you don't like or relate to. I did a progressive doll once where each doll also had a journal you were supposed to add a page to, talking about your part of the doll. I remember doing really different sketches from anything in my normal style because each doll had a character of her own, and the only rule for the media is that they don't wreck the journal. Your examples remind me of that as well. ;) I kind of love Zentangle, which is all about doodling with intention, but I get bored with it, so can only do a really small area. For the student, however, or the I-can't-draw person, or someone looking for more original designs to color, it's perfect. While doodling the Zentangle way, you learn all about positive and negative space, texture, fills, depth, accents and highlights -- while just doodling for fun to waste a little time, paper and ink. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=zentangle&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Azentangle...See MoreI Got My Adult Coloring Books Today
Comments (2)I bought some at hobby lobby for $5, some at Walmart for about that. I ordered the Angie Grace from Amazon for around $9 I think. And I got some on eBay for between $4-5. I need to check out the below 5 dollar store. What brand are the ones from there?...See MoreDo You Have Any New Books?
Comments (5)We buy books all the time. It's a hobby with us. We both have Kindles, so we buy e-books as well as 'real' books. For ebooks I often use Bookbub, which is great for exploring discounted new authors I wouldn't otherwise find. My categories are romance, history, sci-fi/fantasy, and mystery. Most are throwaways (deletions, IOW) but I've found almost a dozen new authors I'll be following in the future. DH just uses Amazon for his ebooks. He's got my password so I'm trusting him not go crazy with my acct [smile]. Barnes & Noble offered us a good deal on a Barclays Bank card. The points are redeemed automatically for B&N gift cards, plus we get an automatic 10% off the price, even on sale books. If we use the B&N credit card we get another 10% credit, applied to the monthly bill. But since we use that card for 90% of our purchases, we just accumulate a lot of gift cards. Periodically we hit the (last few) remaining stores and walk out with a bag or two crammed full of books for which we paid nothing. Last week we bought over $100 of books with gift cards and still had two left over, with another five coming to us in the next month, due to some big remodeling expenditures. Works out great; we pay the card off every month and don't have to pay interest, either. Of course, once B&N goes under (sad, but inevitable), we'll have to decide what kind of charge card to use next: points or cash? But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it....See More- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

ROOM OF THE DAYRoom of the Day: A Bright, Colorful Playroom for Kids and Adults
Fun colors mix with sophisticated furnishings and finishes to create an addition suitable for child’s play and adult relaxation
Full Story
CONTEMPORARY HOMESHouzz Tour: A Sophisticated Home for Adults and Babies
Homeowners expecting twins make a nest that works for kids but is not kid dominated
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: 20 Entertaining Placemats for Kids and Adults
Make mealtimes more fun with placemats that start conversations, keep kids engaged or dazzle with color
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESMy Houzz: Color and Texture Fill an Eclectic Pittsburgh Row House
Moroccan touches join exposed brick, salvaged materials and scads of books in this home for a creative couple
Full Story
COLORFUL HOMESCase Study: The Fearless Approach to Bold Color
Bland has no place in this San Diego home. See how the designer uses vivid hues with cohesiveness and without overwhelming
Full Story
OUTBUILDINGSAdults Allowed: A Poolside Playhouse Makes Room for All
Sprightly but not saccharine, this adaptable backyard structure is equally at home with the grandkids and the grown-ups
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESRoom of the Day: The Young Adults’ Section
A Connecticut couple create a fun yet sophisticated hangout space for their maturing children
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: A Storybook Cottage in South Carolina
Whimsy and color rule in this children’s book author’s home
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNRoom of the Day: Kids and Adults Share a Bright 40-Square-Foot Bathroom
Splashes of lime green add a playful touch to this efficient and economical second bath
Full StorySponsored





ravencajun Zone 8b TX