SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaxhome

Python 2.5.2.

Was just uninstalling an old program via Revo, and noticed this program listed. A Google search has left me no clearer on why I'd have it installed.

Can anyone throw some light on it?

Comments (4)

• Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)
    8 years ago

Python is a programming language. I'd expect to find it on a Linux machine but not a Windows machine unless you purposely installed it.

I wonder if you might have installed a Windows program that depends on Python to run? I wouldn't think so but I suppose it's possible.

Personally, I'd probably go ahead and remove it. I'd figure if any program broke, I could always reinstall it.

Out of curiosity I might poke around in the program directory. See if there's a Python folder and if so, look inside for script files. I think they have a "py" extension and can be opened in Notepad. Even without knowing Python, you might still get a clue as to what they are/were used for. (Hopefully not for something like this)

shaxhome (Frog Rock, Australia 9b) thanked Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)
  • Elmer J Fudd
    8 years ago

Python is a popular scripting language, it runs under any operating system with an interpreter. Including Windows. Assume whatever you find belongs

(I always recommend using the uninstall feature of Windows to remove unwanted programs. If some remnants are left compared to other approaches, so be it, no harm done. Lower level tools that take users into the weeds can be dangerous.)

shaxhome (Frog Rock, Australia 9b) thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • shaxhome (Frog Rock, Australia 9b)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Searching my programs list, this comes up...I guess it came with my HP computer way back in 2008 (Vista) and I never noticed it before. Think I'll just let sleeping dogs lie, as it doesn't seem to be hurting anything...

• Elmer J Fudd
    8 years ago

Exactly