SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanpetzer01

Please help!! Split Leaf Philodendron - yellowing, mushy leaves

susanpetzer01
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Help! I need some advice! I bought a split leaf philodendron a few weeks back. Now the leaves are slowly turning yellow, now mushy and slimy - as if they were literally melting away.

I had initially repotted it, since the container and soil it came in was saturated with water. The pot contains rocks in the bottom so the plant's roots are not sitting in water. I used organic potting soil. I placed the plant in my bedroom with a North facing window. It gets about 4-6 hours of afternoon sun, so i placed the plant about 6 feet away from the window, against the bedroom wall. Where it gets plenty of INDIRECT light.

I gradually cut back on the watering thinking maybe this yellowing was due to 'overwatering' ...i allowed the plant's soil to now dry out and removed the affected leaves. Please help me! I've been looking for a Philo for years!! Finally found one and now my baby is dying...I really love this plant!! I took pictures but for some reason it won't upload with my post.

Any idea on causes and what to do to nurse my split leaf back to health again...

Comments (10)