SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephaniewest15

MY CACTI AND SUCCULENTS ARE SHRINKING

stephaniewest15
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My cacti and succulents appear to be shrinking! Or deflating?? Either way, their dying quickly (like i'm talking over Thanksgiving weekend they've gone from fine-brink of death). I have 11 succulents and 5 cacti, and nearly all of them seem to be effected (i've only included pictures of the worst). At first, it was only one succulent that over two nights flattened and blackened completely into a mushy pile. I tried watering less thinking this may be due to over-watering, but it remained mushy and wet- and now, some of the succulents are turning black on the bottom leaves and they're shrinking. The most drastic change though is with a cactus who has literally deflated like a popped ball.

Any advice on how to save the little guys?? Does this sound like a watering problem or an environmental issue?? My plants were thriving at my old house but aren't lasting in my new place. The room they're in gets morning sun and only indirect sunlight in the afternoon. If it's relevant, I also had a spider plant die recently after a month and a half after it turned completely black, starting at the base.

Comments (11)