SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agvirtuous

Death of my spouse age 46

agvirtuous
8 years ago

My husband of 21-1/2 years passed away on June 25, 2015 of cardiac arrest. He was in the hospital for almost two months before he passed on a ventilator and was unresponsive. He went into cardiac arrest at home right before my daughters (ages 18 and 13) and myself and I called 9-1-1 and watched them for an hour trying to revive my husband. He never regained full consciousness. I would visit him in the hospital and his eyes were open but there was no response or voluntary movements but I never gave up on him. He was only 46 and I still cannot believe he is gone. It has been an adjustment for myself and the kids. We were together for a total of 24 years and our wedding anniversary is approaching (Dec. 23). I miss him so much and I still find it hard to believe that he is no longer here. Even though he is not here physically, he will always be in my heart and be a special part of me. We have such a spiritual and emotional connection and I still feel that. I will always honor my husband's memory. I love you so much and he loved me as well and our children and life. I know he is in heaven with God and that he's happy and that gives me peace but I still would like many more years with him. We had so many dreams and goals that we made together. Now I have to live this life without the love of my life. With God, I know He will bring me and the kids through this.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler