I do! Do you? Remember these?
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (42)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Do you remember the first time you landed on this Forum?
Comments (37)Like Zeffy, I hated the puter. I was living with my ex who had one. We ended up getting internet, I had a Hydrangea that wouldn't bloom and some how ended up on one of the gardening forums. I wasn't allowed to garden with him, I used to sneak roses into the garden. He used to be so mean that he'd have to dig up the part of garden where I had a few roses. I had a Gene Boerner; went to my dad's with the kids one day, came home & it was destroyed. No clue what he did to it. Ended up having him removed, started coming to rose forum.. that was back before user names. Think the name I used was SBA@NJBell. At one time there were a lot of us named Sue on the regular rose forum, we used to sign our name OOTO (one of the other) Sues. At some point GW started growing, we had to make user names. I remember how ticked off some of us were lol I wanted something original, took me days to think of Rose Lover - and making it into Roselvr. Been through a lot here. Many people coming & going, some of free will some to "Disney". I've been "Spiked" many times. I used to hate waking up knowing either I'd be Spiked or Disney'd. There was a time when saying the name Veldfire would send your post to Disney, or you to Disney. A lot of people left to go to his forum. Although he was banned, he was able to hide his IP and get here to read. lol GW lost a lot of people to his forum. A lot stayed there, never returning. I've seen vendor's and hybridizers that have come here and given their time, banned because someone didn't like something that was said. We've lost a lot of great people. Before Veldfire there was another forum on Delphi, haven't been there in years, we lost a lot of good people there too. It was one hybridizer who started it I think.. We also had a guy named Sharif from Bangladesh who used to post other people's pictures. I think Anne got him banned one day, she finally proved he was stealing people's pictures & posting as his own. I'd already been "Spiked" a few times due to him, almost banned. We lost Rosesense back then. I met GW members. Cindy Tx, met her in New Orleans. Sue Belle; Helen FL, Karl; who saved our butts in New Orleans when my hubby left the travelers checks in a restaurant. Karl was able to tell them who it belonged to. Baldo, Anne, The gal who writes the column for New Orleans; her name escapes me right now. I've met a lot of nice NJ people Anyone remember Kang?...See MoreRefrigerator. Do you remember to do this?
Comments (19)Thanks. A great tip, dedtired. You should post this in the Discussions. Refrigerator works the same way as an air conditioner mechanically. The "coil" is called condensing coil. Sometimes under the unit, sometime vertically in the back. Sometimes there is a little fan to help cool the coil which will also need cleaning. If it is not cleaned, the coil cannot dissipate heat well, the compressor will overwork against greater back pressure, your fridg will not cool efficiently, you will pay more in electric charge, and your unit will breakdown eventually with an expensive compressor replacement fee. For many models, you also should take out the tray under the unit to completely wash it. That's the tray to catch water from the freezer defrosting. It is disgusting the dried up dirt collected on it. Also, there may be a little tube that goes from the freezer to the tray which drains freezer water to the tray. You will find there is a lot of gummy green growth inside the tube which will need to be cleaned. If you have dogs and cats, you will need to clean the coil more often. dcarch...See MoreDo You Remember What The First Thing You Ever Sewed?
Comments (34)I think the first real item I made was a yellow plaid roll-up sleeve blouse in Home Ec. I had no clue that matching plaids would be that involved. Since I was in high school in the 60's I remember making a 2 piece lined wool suit like Jackie Kennedy and of course had the matching pill box hat. Next I made a dress out of a pretty green dotted swiss. We didn't have room to cut out our garments in the Home Ec. cottage so we were taken into the cafeteria to use those tables. When I started making my dress I realized that I had not only lost the back pattern piece to my skirt but also the fabric. My Mother and I went back to the store to buy more but they were out of that color. I ended up replacing the back of my skirt with white organdy and applied a white bow in the back of the waist. What had started out as a rather plain dress became a nice church dress which I wore for quite a while. The dress that gave me such fits turned out to be a favorite of mine. Now I really LOVE to sew and also enjoy "thinking outside the box". Some things are made special because of the work involved. It makes you appretiate the results....See MoreDo you remember where you were?
Comments (43)Yes. I do remember where I was on that fateful day of 9/11. I had only been recently (and almost forcefully) retired from my job. The Company had decided to greatly reduce the design and engineering support center where I worked. We older engineers got the boot; In my case, the pain of parting was reduced by a buyout offer that was equitable. And now, I sat on the couch that morning watching the news as the World Trade Towers destruction began. I had a lump in my throat, not only for the poor souls caught in the melee, I had a vested interest. My entire life savings in the form of an IRA was in that building, at least, the records were. The offices and records of my Custodian were destroyed! Had the hit happened a few minutes later, the Custodian would have lost many staff people. As it were, only a few people (of my custodian) had entered the building - and they were lost, but miraculously, most of the staff had been spared. My hide was saved because my Custodian was keeping a set of backup records off site and a fresh backup had been made the night before - Whew! Next came the scramble to find temporary office space, set up new computers and install the software and data files, a daunting task indeed. This was done in the next 3 to 5 days. This activity and many others like it, impacted companies all over the land. Computer gear vendors gave priority to this task and put on hold pending orders over the rest of the country. My company was in the midst of their 3 yr cycle of upgrading their engineer's computer. This was put on hold while equipment intended for this order was diverted to the larger task of getting the New York Business centers back in operation. Traffic in downtown NY was snarled to a stand-still. HP vendors rose to the task by trundling computers across the Brooklyn Bridge in wheel barrows. On the day of the disaster, all airplanes were grounded and for the first time in many years, there were no contrails in the skies anywhere in the US. Commerce by air stopped; And then later, we got word that Osama Bin Laden cheered when informed of the news. Yes, I remember. That was one of my really bad couch days....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

LIFE10 Ways to Honor and Remember a Departed Loved One at Home
Help the grieving process and keep beautiful memories alive with these thoughtful tributes
Full Story
LIFEThe Good House: An Experience to Remember
A home that enriches us is more than something we own. It invites meaningful experiences and connections
Full Story
TASTEMAKERSChic and Timeless Decorating Ideas to Remember
New York design firm Carrier and Co. offers inspiration for elevating your room’s decor — whether traditional, modern or country-inspired
Full Story
MORE ROOMSRemember the Rooftop
A well-dressed roof deck can instantly expand your living area. Here's how to make this space the crowning glory of your home
Full Story
Christmas Tables They'll Always Remember
Holiday Decorating: Make Your Gathering Special With a Beautiful Table Setting
Full Story
FUN HOUZZEverything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESHow I Learned to Be an Imperfect Gardener
Letting go can lead to a deeper level of gardening and a richer relationship with the landscape. Here's how one nature lover did it
Full Story
COFFEE WITH AN ARCHITECTA Few Things I Would Like to Ask Frank Lloyd Wright
It could take a lifetime to understand Frank Lloyd Wright's work — less if we had answers to a few simple questions
Full Story
EXTERIORSHelp! What Color Should I Paint My House Exterior?
Real homeowners get real help in choosing paint palettes. Bonus: 3 tips for everyone on picking exterior colors
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Dumbest Decorating Decisions I’ve Ever Made
Caution: Do not try these at home
Full Story
duluthinbloomz4