SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laundrymitch

What is wrong here? (Persil US)

Laundry Mich
8 years ago

I bought a bottle of Persil 2 in 1... hoping to give it another try, after having horrible experiences with the US Bottle.

I'll give it this. It *DOES* Rinse better, than the Original (US) Liquid. But beyond that... Meh. This would work great for anyone, who is just refreshing their clothes, but anything stained will come out, still stained. And the scent is stronger.

This is nothing like the European Green Persil Universal "Kraft" Gel... I'm used to. The Persil... I decided to try, years ago, I fell in love with. It wasn't the "stain fader" like Liquid Tide was, but it actually.. removed stains without pretreating. It actually removed the stains. And boy... did it leave things looking white.

The Liquid (US) Persil, doesn't even fade the stains. That's what's so frustrating. It leaves them behind. I'd say it's comparable to an enzyme free detergent like Sun or Xtra.

Oh sure. It's cheaper than European Persil. And it's a whole lot more convenient, to buy it in store... then buying online. But what is the point, if you have to rewash everything afterwards, because nothing came clean?

It smells like Persil. It looks like Persil. It's not Persil.

I'm not trying to rant here. But this is so disappointing. This is nothing like the German or Euro formulas whatsoever. This is a disgrace to the name, and I don't understand why it performs so badly.

Maybe... it's just me & Larsi. But this stuff... doesn't work :( And I sure wish it did...

Comments (31)