SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jml248

Fireclay samples, oh no she didn't?!!

jml248
8 years ago

So I admit I am on maternity leave right now so I am taking advantage of my seemingly extra time to attempt to narrow (if not finalize) kitchen design details. I've been staring at backsplash photos for over a year, and looking at samples for the past 2 months.

We have P.A. original soapstone for our counters, with a light cherry cabinet (basically natural). I'm still playing with the finish on the soapstone and I still haven't decided if I am going to go with an oiled or unoiled. It seems to hold the oil pretty well so it may just depend on my mood. The photos are reading a smidge yellow from real life but would appreciate opinions and would like if the backsplash went with both the oiled and unoiled version of the soapstone.

Of course these are the first colors I have remotely liked, and my original budget I set was 15/sq foot and these are double that......I'm not necessarily set on hand glazed etc, but more on color so if there are less expensive alternatives I'd be open to that as well, as beautiful as the fireclay tiles are. I do still need to make a trip up to our daltile showroom and a few of the other local tile/flooring stores, but so far I haven't found anything I have liked locally or online. (wayfair, tilebar, big box stores etc.)

I am willing to wait and save if I can't find anything more reasonable, we plan on being in this house for at least the next 15 to 20 years so if I have to wait another year for my backsplash so be it.

Comments (12)