SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Coffee menu

I'm having about five friends over for coffee next week at 10am. These are moms that I used to see regularly because our children went to preschool together. This is mostly an opportunity to see people. But our recent kitchen and bathroom remodel are essentially finished and they listened to me whine about various difficulties along the way. So it's also a chance to show the work off a bit.

So, I don't want to totally destroy the kitchen cooking. I was thinking of serving homemade sconces (I can make the evening before), goat cheese stuffed dates (I can do the prep the evening before and warm them in the oven that morning), almonds and fruit. Does that sound like enough variety?

Coffee is actually the biggest challenge here because we don't drink coffee. I got rid of our coffee maker because I hadn't used it in over two years. I recently saw coffee concentrate at Trader Joes so I was thinking of getting that. I'm assuming you just add hot water. Or I could borrow a coffee maker from a neighbor. Or I could buy one of those little pour over things and use it--they are cheap and small to store. Any thoughts on which would be best?

I will also buy a couple of different kinds of tea bags (including at least one decaf and one caf). We also don't drink tea, so there's none in the house at the moment.

And then I need sugar, cream, honey and lemon, right?

Sound good?

Comments (30)