SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newenglandsara2

backsplash replacement: seeking input!

newenglandsara2
8 years ago

Hi All, I have posted on Gardenweb before about my kitchen backsplash. The tile went up last winter, and we ran into a technical issue. We have not been able to remedy the issue, so we have finally decided to replace the backsplash. Having lived with this backsplash for a year, I am actually hoping to pick something more neutral this time around: something less busy that will allow us to bring a variety of colors into the kitchen. With this existing backsplash (which matches our dishes), it is hard to bring in any colors that don't perfectly match the backsplash and dishes. However, I would still like the backsplash to add some interest and personality since we don't otherwise have a ton of color in the space. I would love to gather suggestions for types of tile to consider. I had thought of a textured white or a solid color glass, but I am very open to ideas. The island and glass knobs are both a soft turquoise color. Please see below for some photos of the space: apologies for some countertop clutter here and there! :-) The countertop is a medium-dark silver color quartz: hard to see in the photos.

Thanks!

Sara

Comments (33)