SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_24861409

T&T pork tenderloin recipes

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Pork tenderloins were suggested on Jerzeegirl's thread. Mimipadv said her family eats tenderloin a lot. In our house it's probably second to chicken in the poultry/meat category. Always looking for new recipes. Care to share?

Comments (30)

• bob_cville
    8 years ago

I've posted this in the past, but it is a favorite of mine.

Cuban Pork Tenderloin

1 Pork Tenderloin
    2 Tbsp Cuban Spice Rub (see below)
    1 Tbsp oil

Preheat oven to 425 deg F
    Trim fat and silver membrane from tenderloin, and pat dry with paper towel.
    Rub spice mixture evenly all over the tenderloin.
    Preheat oil in large pan over high heat.
    Lightly sear tenderloin on all sides.
    Remove tenderloin from pan, place in baking pan, place in oven for 15 minutes.

When tenderloin reaches 140 deg F remove it from oven and let it rest
    for 5-10 minutes, during which time the temperature should rise to 145
    to 150 deg F.

Slice 1/4" - 3/8" thick and serve with Madeira-Apricot sauce on the side (see below)

Cuban Spice Rub:
    1 paprika
    2 ground red pepper
    2 cumin
    3 onion powder
    3 garlic powder
    2 black pepper
    1 oregano (dried)
    1 basil (dried)
    2 parsley (dried)

Madeira-Apricot sauce

Ingredients:
    1 jar Polaner All-Fruit Apricot preserves
    4 oz apple sauce
    1/2 cup medium-dry Madeira
    1 medium onion (chopped)
    2 tbsp butter

Cook onions in butter until they are translucent, then add the
    Madiera, the apricot preserves, and the apple sauce and heat it until it
    is thoroughly bubbling. Pour into bowl and allow to cool to room temp.
    Note: For the apple sauce I often buy a package of single serving apple
    sauce cups (look for the ones with no added sugar) and use one of the
    cups to make the sauce. This avoids the problem I usually have where an
    opened jar of applesauce gets moldy before I use it all.

• Related Discussions

T&T Pulled Pork recipe

Q

Comments (22)
    Here is the midway update: The house smells absolutely wonderful. I went out to dig out my car from the snow and when I came in the aroma was amazing. It took about 3 hours for the tenderloins to be falling apart. It was less meat than Pat uses, so they got done faster plus tenderloins are already tender. So, I am going to shred the meat and re-bake in the sauce very soon. I used half the amounts since I only had 1.5 lbs. of meat. I also lowered the oven temp after an hour and a half, because it seemed to be cooking too fast rather than simmering. Again I think this is because I wasn't using a Butt Roast. The final taste test will come at dinner, so I will check back. (and you will be happy to know my thumb finally stopped bleeding although it kind of resembles ground meat. Oddly, it doesn't hurt at all. That's probably TMI.)
    ...See More

Recipe of the day January 27 - Pork Tenderloin Marsala!

Q

Comments (0)
    Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Marsala Sauce Allrecipes.com "Pork tenderloin coated in Dijon mustard, and served with a Marsala mustard sauce. Absolutely delicious! Try the sauce over other cuts of meat and vegetables." INGREDIENTS  2 pork tenderloins  4 tablespoons Dijon mustard  1 tablespoon oil  2 tablespoons butter  2 shallots, minced  1 cup Marsala wine (if you don't have any, try a medium sherry)  1 tablespoon Dijon mustard  1 cup heavy cream DIRECTIONS 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat pork tenderloins generously with mustard. Oil a 9x13 inch baking dish. 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange tenderloins in pan, and brown the meat. Turn to brown evenly. Transfer meat to prepared baking dish. 3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn, and continue cooking for 20 minutes, or until desired doneness. 4. Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in the same pan used to cook the pork. Cook shallots in butter until soft. Stir in Marsala, mustard, and cream, and cook until volume of liquid is reduced by half. 5. Slice pork, and place on a serving dish. Spoon sauce over meat, and serve.
    ...See More

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Recipe

Q

Comments (11)
    Lol...I have grape jam :) I really don't like cooked fruit or many jellies/jams/preserves. I know that they really compliment pork, but I've never been a big fan of sweeet stuff besides chocolate :) I did find Weed's recipe earlier, made it, and it is fabulous!!! Thanks so much!! Christy PORK TENDERLOIN WITH MAPLE GLAZE -- Weed 3 12- to 14-ounce pork tenderloins, cut in half 2 Tbl crumbled dried sage leaves or rubbed sage 2 Tbl crushed garlic Oil to moisten sage/garlic Salt, pepper 2 Tbl. Oil 2 Tbl Butter + 1 more for shallots 1 cup pure maple syrup + ¼ cup to finish sauce ¾ cup apple cider vinegar + ¼ cup to deglaze pan 2 Tbl. Dijon mustard ½ cup shallots, finely diced Mix sage and garlic, add a little oil to moisten. Rub all over tenderloins, sprinkle on salt and pepper and let sit one hour. Mix 1 cup maple syrup, ¾ cup apple cider vinegar and the Dijon and set aside. Melt butter and oil in a deep pan or pot over medium-high heat until hot and bubbling. Add pork tenderloins and cook, turning to brown on all sides. The garlic and butter will start burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan  that is ok and will make the sauce delicious. Pork will be very dark too, and almost crispy on the outside. Cook pork until internal temperature reaches 140. (pork will be med-rare, it will cook further as it rests and in the last step.) Remove pork from pan, put on a platter and cover loosely with foil. Keeping the heat on med-high, add the shallots to the pan along with another tablespoon of butter. Saute shallots, stirring constantly, until they are limp and taking on a bronze color, about 3 minutes. If they start to burn before they go limp, lower heat, but bring it back up for the next step. Deglaze the pan with ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, scraping up as much of the burnt stuff on the bottom of the pan as possible. Add the maple syrup/vinegar/Dijon mix to pan. Lower heat to a lively simmer and cook until sauce thickens. Keep digging around on the bottom to get even more of the burnt stuff. Sauce will be very dark, almost black, from the goodies on the bottom of the pan. When sauce is desired consistency, add ¼ cup more maple syrup and return pork and any accumulated juices to pan. Heat the pork through in the simmering sauce. Do not overcook pork  inside should be nicely pink, like a med-well steak. I just cut it open and peek :) Put one piece of pork on each plate and cover with sauce. Serve with white or brown rice and smother that with the sauce too. Bon Appétit October 2000 (with changes and additions by weed!)
    ...See More

RECIPE: Awesome Pork Tenderloin

Q

Comments (24)
    I made this tonight - with the salad - and it was wonderful. I also cut back on the sugar (just under 1/2 cup) and only 2/3 teaspoon of tabasco. I had run out of cumin, so I substituted a little curry powder in the rub, as well. It worked well, although I can imagine the cumin would give it even more depth. And I added a little honey to the dressing - just to cut the tartness, but so little it didn't taste sweet. I didn't have time for any additional sides, but I think a starch would be a good complement - like mq's mashed sweet potatoes, or mini-biscuits (I think green beans or cornbread would be good, too - but it would be too much fiber for me - that's one high fiber salad).
    ...See More
  • lindac92
    8 years ago

Well I can't find the one I want to post....but ti involves cutting the tenderloin length-wise and then cutting both halves so you open it out into a flat piece. Then it's stuffed with a delicious mix of dried and fresh fruit....and I think some bread crumbs, herbs and seasonings, rolled, tied and oven roasted.
    Anyone have that recipe? I thought I had saved it....but perhaps it was in a magazine.

• Olychick
    8 years ago

I love this recipe - because I love tamarind. I do it on the grill and always do two tenderloins.

Paula Deen's Grilled Tamarind Pork Tenderloin

Marinade:
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    2 oranges, juices
    1 lime, juiced
    1/2 cup tamarind concentrate
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 tablespoon chopped scallions
    1 pork tenderloin (about 12 ounces)
    Olive oil, for brushing

Directions
    Combine
    marinade ingredients in measuring cup and stir to combine. Place the
    pork tenderloin in a plastic, sealable bag. Pour marinade over the
    tenderloin and seal bag. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.

Preheat an outdoor grill or preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Remove
    pork tenderloin from marinade and pat dry. Brush olive oil onto grill
    and over meat for extra flavor. Reserve marinade. Grill tenderloin until
    cooked through, about 30 minutes to 40 minutes over medium heat. Or
    roast in oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Allow meat to rest about 10 minutes
    before cutting into 2-inch serving pieces.

While meat is
    grilling, bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan, then
    lower the heat and gently simmer until it is reduced to about 2
    tablespoons. Stir occasionally. Drizzle a small amount of marinade over
    each piece of meat.

• jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)
    8 years ago

What a very apropos thread! I notice on the pork tenderloin that uses the tamarind marinade that it cooks so much longer than the other tenderloin recipes. Does it lose it's interior pinkness when grilling for that long a time? Should it still be grilled to 150 degrees interior temperature?

• angelaid_gw
    8 years ago

I love Weed's recipe:

• Posted by: weed30 (My Page) on Mon, Sep 8, 03 at 23:18

Here is a very easy recipe that gets raves. It is easily doubled. I have recently been doubling the sauce ingredients (onions, wine/vermouth, cream, dijon) so we have enough to add to the rice too. It's important not to overcook the pork -- it should still be slightly pink inside.
    If your grocery stocks Far East rice mixes, the one with rice and orzo is very good with this dish. Otherwise, brown rice with a little finely diced carrot and sauteed onion is good. Asparagus is a great vegetable to serve with it - cook them until barely done, then toss with butter and your favorite seasoning to finish. (I love Cavendar's Greek Seasoning)

Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Cream
    Serves: 2

1# pork tenderloin, cut into 2" slices
    Seasoned flour
    2 Tbl. butter, divided
    2 tsp. canola or olive oil
    2 green onions, thinly sliced (coin shape), white and green parts separated
    1/3 cup white wine or dry vermouth
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1 tsp. Dijon mustard (or more to taste)
    salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to low, about 170 degrees F
    Lightly pound pork medallions to 1" thick.
    Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tsp. oil over medium high heat.
    Dredge pork in seasoned flour. Add pork slices all at once to pan and saute 2 minutes per side.
    Remove to a plate and hold in the oven while finishing the sauce. (pork will be a bit underdone but will finish in the oven.)
    Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan.
    Add white part of onion, saute for 1 minute.
    Add wine or vermouth, simmer until syrupy and reduced to about 3 tablespoons.
    Add cream, simmer 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.*
    Stir in Dijon, add salt and pepper to taste.
    Return pork to pan to coat with sauce. Serve over rice or pasta, garnishing with the green part of the onion.
    *If sauce ends up too thick for your liking, add a little water or milk, but no more than 1/4 cup. You can double the sauce ingredients so there is enough to pour over rice.

Wendy (Weed)

Husband loves these:

Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

Ingredients

1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
    1 cup buttermilk
    1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
    1/4 teaspoon sugar

1 cup all-purpose flour
    2 large eggs, beaten
    2 cups plain breadcrumbs
    Vegetable oil, for frying
    4 hamburger buns, toasted on cut sides

Suggested garnishes: lettuce leaves, tomato slices, red onion slices, dill pickle slices, mayonnaise, mustard

Directions

Trim the pork tenderloin of excess fat and silver skin. Cut crosswise into 4 even pieces. Cut each piece crosswise again, but do not go all the way through; you should be able to open it like a book. Pound each piece with a mallet until 1/4-inch thick and 6 to 8 inches across.

Whisk together the buttermilk, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and sugar in a shallow dish. Add the pork cutlets. Make sure all the pieces are coated well with the buttermilk marinade. Cover and keep refrigerated for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.

Heat 1/2-inch oil in a large high-sided skillet to 350 degrees F. Set up a breading station of three shallow dishes consisting of the flour in the first dish, eggs in the second and breadcrumbs in the third. Sprinkle all three dishes with salt and pepper.

Dredge each cutlet in the flour first, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs. Gently place into the hot oil without overcrowding the skillet. You will need to fry the cutlets in batches. When the cutlets are golden brown on one side, about 2 minutes, carefully flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain well on a paper-towel-lined plate.

Build the sandwiches by putting the cutlets between the burger buns and garnishing with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, mayonnaise and mustard. The cutlet should hang generously over the bun.

• pippiep
    8 years ago

I like this one, but make it in the oven: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/144291/sweet-and-sassy-pork-tenderloin/

I used to make this one a lot before I had kids... need to try it again! http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/prosciutto-stuffed-pork-tenderloin-with-mushroom-sauce-107649

This one is a grill recipe from Cook's Illustrated, and it's pretty much the only way we make pork tenderloin now:

Garlic-Lime Grilled Pork Tenderloin Steaks

Ingredients

2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed

1 tablespoon grated lime zest plus
    1/4 cup juice (2 limes)

4 garlic cloves, minced

4 teaspoons honey

2 teaspoons fish sauce

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 cup vegetable oil

4 teaspoons mayonnaise

1 tablespoon chopped fresh
    cilantro

Flake sea salt (optional)

Directions

1. Slice each tenderloin in half crosswise to create 4 steaks total. Pound each half to 3/4-inch thickness. Using sharp knife, cut 1/8-inch-deep slits spaced 1/2 inch apart in crosshatch pattern on both sides of steaks.

2. Whisk lime zest and juice, garlic, honey, fish sauce, salt, and pepper together in large bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle oil into lime mixture until smooth and slightly thickened. Transfer 1/2 cup lime mixture to small bowl and whisk in mayonnaise; set aside sauce. Add steaks to bowl with remaining marinade and toss thoroughly to coat; transfer steaks and marinade to large zipper-lock bag, press out as much air as possible, and seal bag. Let steaks sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.

3A. FOR A CHARCOAL GRILL: Open bottom vent completely. Light large chimney starter filled with charcoal briquettes (6 quarts). When top coals are partially covered with ash, pour evenly over half of grill. Set cooking grate in place, cover, and open lid vent completely. Heat grill until hot, about 5 minutes.

3B. FOR A GAS GRILL: Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill until hot, about 15 minutes. Leave primary burner on high and turn off other burner(s).

4. Clean and oil cooking grate. Remove steaks from marinade (do not pat dry) and place over hotter part of grill. Cook, uncovered, until well browned on first side, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip steaks and cook until well browned on second side, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer steaks to cooler part of grill, with wider end of each steak facing hotter part of grill. Cover and cook until meat registers 140 degrees, 3 to 8 minutes longer (remove steaks as they come to temperature). Transfer steaks to carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.

5. While steaks rest, microwave reserved sauce until warm, 15 to 30 seconds; stir in cilantro. Slice steaks against grain into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Drizzle with half of sauce; sprinkle with sea salt, if using; and serve, passing remaining sauce separately.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Linda, we may have a breakthrough! I've always shied away from recipes calling for maple syrup. Love it on pancakes, waffles, and French toast, but it's never appealed to me in meat or veggie dishes until now. Definitely will try your recipe in the near future.

Bob, that sounds interesting. Lots of different flavors going on.

Oly, curious about the cooking time too.

Angel, love Weed's recipe. Sometimes I sub mushrooms for the green onions. Also add fresh thyme. Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Blend is also good with this.

Your breaded tenderloin reminds me of back home in Indiana. Those were very popular.

Pippi, the one stuffed with prosciutto peaks my interest. I've never stuffed a tenderloin. Maybe it's time.

• Olychick
    8 years ago

I think the cooking time for the tamarind recipe is long for her 12 oz size, but better for a 1 - 1.5 lb tenderloin...you cook on med (350ish), not high (425ish - so the tamarind doesn't burn). I judge by how thick vs long it is, total weight, etc. and think I usually do 20 to 25 min. about 6 min per side, then let it rest. I don't use a thermometer for tenderloin. I wonder if Paula is a well-done pork gal? I'll adjust the recipe posted to what I actually do. Thanks for noticing!

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    8 years ago

I love this recipe. I saw it in a Fine Cooking magazine some time ago. I love the rosemary orange glaze and the balsamic sauce to serve it with. I need to try the chile glaze soon.

• bob_cville
    8 years ago

I often will make my tenderloin recipe as one of the dishes at our annual Halloween party. Here's a picture from last year:

It was finger lickin' good. :-)

Usually I make the "Cuban Spice Blend" ahead of time and just have it as a separate bottle in the spice cabinet. This past year I was pressed for time, and was out of my "Cuban Spice Blend" and ended up grabbing a bottle of "Creole Seasoning" which worked just about as well.

For the above recipe calling for Tamarind, the 35 to 45 minutes is calls for seems crazy, and seems guaranteed to make the meat way overcooked, and dried out.

• Olychick
    8 years ago

Bob, I just edited and adjusted the time on Paula Deen's recipe for the tamarind pork, from what her recipe calls for to what I actually do. I didn't really notice that it was calling for it to be cooked so long; I just use the recipe for the marinade, so it now reflects a more realistic cooking time. It is grilled at med so the tamarind doesn't burn, most are grilled on high, so I think it can take a bit more time.

• KatieC
    8 years ago

This is my go-to quick easy main dish when company shows up. I entered it in a Gilroy Garlic Festival recipe contest and won the chef's vote (as opposed to the popular vote where you got all your friends to vote), which got me a box of garlic roasters, peelers, slicers, graters and a goofy garlic t-shirt. Measurements are approximate. ..I only measured for the contest. Usually I just dump in wine and cream and cook it down until it's a nice pan sauce.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pork Medallions in Garlic Cream Reduction

Recipe By :Katie, Jan. 2001
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Pork

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 pork tenderloins
    12 large cloves garlic -- thinly sliced
    1/2 cup white wine
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon rosemary -- crushed

Slice tenderloins into thin medallions. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry in a little oil. Place on oven safe plate and keep warm.

Saute garlic in pan until lightly toasted. Add wine and rosemary and cook down to half. Add cream and cook until thickened. Pour over pork medallions.

• User
    8 years ago

Most of my go to pork tenderloin recipes I got right here so you may already have these Cindy/ I have to do it in three posts because evidently there is a limit on the number of characters for any one thread.

This one is from Stacy and is one of my favourites

Pork Medallions With Olive –caper Sauce Stacy

1 pound pork tenderloin -- trimmed

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon olive oil -- divided

1/2 cup dry white wine

1/2 cup chicken broth

1/2 cup coarsely pitted -- Chopped

-kalamata olives

2 tablespoon capers

2 tablespoon fresh flat leaf -- Chopped

-parsley

Cut pork crosswise into 8 pieces. Place each pork piece between sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to ¼ inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge pork in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess flour.

Heat 1 ½ tsp olive oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add half of pork, and cook for 2 min on each side or until pork is done.Remove pork from pan and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining olive oil and pork.

Return pork to pan. Add wine and broth, bring to a boil. Stir in olives and capers; cook 4 min. Sprinkle with parsley.

4 servings (2 pork medallions and 2 tbsp sauce each)

• User
    8 years ago

Here is one from Cooinkgrv

Pork Tenderloin Stuffed -

2 Pork tenderloins

1 Handfull fresh spinach

leaves,rinsed and

-drained.

1 c grated Jarlesberg cheese

(or Fontina),I use

-fontina

1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese (or

-try goat

-cheese)

2 t garlic powder (fresh garlic

-would be

-too potent)

Salt/Pepper

2 c White wine or chicken stock

2 T Flour

2 T Cold water

Chicken stock

Butterfly each tenderloin, and carefully pound to even thickness.

Place on work surface, overlapping the long sides by about an inch or

so Layer the spinach leaves, then the grated Jarlesberg, then the

parmesan.

Sprinkle with garlic powder and some salt and pepper.

Roll the roast tightly and tie off at 1.5 inch intervals.

You can add some wine or chicken stock to the pan (about 2 cups).

Preheat oven to 400F and roast (uncovered) 24 minutes per pound until

internal temperature is around 160ish 160 is overdone to average tenderloins take about 1 1/2 hours

***** I find this too long a cooking time. I find they are done in less than 1 hour. I also cook to 145 not 160

Check temperature after 50 minutes and then every 10 minutes so it

doesn't overcook. When cooked, remove from oven, transfer roast to a

cutting board, and loosely cover with foil - let sit for 15 minutes.

Drain liquids into a saucepan, turn heat up to medium-high and reduce

liquid for 2 minutes - reduce heat to low. If there is less than 1.5

cups of liquid, add some chicken or beef broth.

Mix a slurry of flour and cold water, then slowly add to the gravy

until thickened.

Notes: Reduce cooking tiome for beef tenderloin. Use red wine to

deglaze the pan, con't cook the meat in it. Add butter to the finshed

sauce.

• User
    8 years ago

Here is one of my . Own we really enjoy this as part of a home cooked Chinese meal. I sub chicken and have also used shrimp.

Sweet and Sour Pork

1/2 cup salad oil

1 clove garlic

2 green peppers, quartered

1 1/2 to 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cubed

2 eggs

3 TBSP flour

1 tsp salt

pinch pepper

1 cup chicken broth

1 can pineapple chunks, drained

1 TBSP corn starch

3 tsp soya sauce

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup white vinegar

1 TBSP molasses

Parboil peppers for 5 minutes. Saute garlic in oil just until limp. In separate bowl, beat flour, eggs and seasonings. Dip the pork in the mixture and brown in the oil. Pour off excess oil add broth, pineapple and peppers. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Blend remaining ingredients. Add to pork. Stir until thick.

• angelaid_gw
    8 years ago

Katie - that looks wonderful. Added to my "to try" list.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Katie, we like your recipe. I've made it a couple times. First with rosemary and then thyme. My copy calls for 1 tenderloin and all the other ingredients are halved except the rosemary. I guess I did that.

Sharon, those are all new to me. Thanks!

• bob_cville
    8 years ago

I made this one a couple of days ago:

Pork fried noodles

serves 3 to 4

1/2 lb pork tenderloin, (cubed)

2 Tbsp canola oil

2 tsp minced ginger

1 small yellow onion (chopped)

2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)

1 banana pepper (seeded and chopped)

1 stalk celery (cut crosswise into 1/8" pieces)

8 baby carrots (quartered lengthwise)

3 white mushrooms (sliced)

2 tsp minced garlic

2 packages ramen noodles (discard "flavor" packets)

2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce

3 Tbsp peanut sauce

1 egg

Put large pot of water on to boil.

In large pan cook pork over medium high heat in 1 Tbsp canola oil. Add minced ginger, and stir until pork is browned. Remove to separate bowl.

Add onion, peppers, celery and carrots to pan along with second Tbsp of oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. When onions start to become translucent, add mushrooms, and garlic and continue to stir. Also add ramen noodles to boiling water at this time.

Add pork back then stir in the teriyaki sauce and the peanut sauce and continue to cook for about two minutes.

Create an opening in the center of the pan and break the egg into the opening.

Test ramen noodles for doneness, and then drain, and stir into pan.

Serve.

• l pinkmountain
    8 years ago

This is a long recipe and I can't copy it and no way am I going to retype it. So I'm linking it. This is my "go to" pork loin recipe but I don't usually add the sherry or the cardamom. It's from Emeril Lagasse on the Food Network.Ginger Ale Marinated Pork Loin

I made one in the crockpot last weekend. It was delish and it is going to be my more "European" style of making pork loin. It's a copyrighted recipe so again, I'm linking it here.Marinated Pork Loin from "Never Enough Thyme"

Note: I seared it but then made it in the crockpot (half the time on high and half the time on low) and then reduced the pan juices for the sauce. I also threw in potatoes, red onion and carrots.

• Olychick
    8 years ago

lpinkmountain, this looks like a pork loin recipe (3 lbs vs 1lb). Have you done it with a tenderloin? If so, how long did you cook it? I've never cooked a tenderloin in the crockpot.

• Jasdip
    8 years ago

Here are a couple that I make.

Peach-Chipotle Pork

1 lb pork tenderloin

1/3 cup peach or apricot jam

3 tbsp white wine vinegar

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced

salt and pepper

In a small saucepan bring jam, vinegar, garlic and chipotle to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally until jam is melted, 2 minutes. Set aside 2 tbsp of the glaze.

Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper and brush with the glaze.

Place on a greased grill over medium-high heat, close lid and grill until temp reads 160F, about 18 minutes, turning occasionally. Let stand before slicing. Brush with reserved glaze.

Grilled asparagus makes a nice side dish.

Pork Medallions with Raspberry Balsamic

1 pork tenderloin, cut in 1" slices

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp olive oil

1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam

2 tbsp balsamic vinegar

2 tsp dijon mustard

Flatten pork slices to 1/2" thickness and sprinkle with garlic powder.

Cook in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink insde; 3-5 minutes per side. Remove and keep warm.

Add jam, balsamic and dijon to the skillet and cook until thickened. Serve drizzled over the pork.

Orange-Ginger Pork Medallions

1 cup fresh orange juice

2 pork tenderloins, 1 lb each, cut crosswise into 6 slices

1 tsp cornstarch

2 tbsp vegetable oil

1/4 cup finely chopped shallots

2 tbsp minced ginger

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

1/2 cup chicken broth

1 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp unsalted butter

Combine 2 tbsp orange juice and cornstarch and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots garlic and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently until shallots are light golden, 3 minutes.

Add remaining orange juice, soy sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 1 cup. Whisk i cornstarch mixture and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.

Flatten pork slices slightly with your hand and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

In a 12" nonstick skillet over medium-high heat melt butter with remaining tbsp oil. Cook pork in batches until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.

Add sauce to skillet with drippings. Place over medium-high heat. Bring sauce to a boil, stirring to remove browned bits. Stir in juices from the pork, remove from heat and add pork slices, turning to coat with sauce.

• l pinkmountain
    8 years ago

I dunno how long I cooked it. I used my mom's old crockpot which doesn't get as hot as mine. I has two tenderloins and I cut them in two. I just cooked it until it was done. I started it on low but after 4 hours I got nervous at how it wasn't cooking very well so I turned it to high and then maybe 2-3 more hours. The other one I did was about 4 hours on high. I didn't marinate either one of them, just cooked them in the "marinade." I've never really found marinating to do that much, especially with liquid stuff. Aromatics, maybe a little bit, but with a long, slow cook the aromatics infuse while cooking.

• Olychick
    8 years ago

Okay, thanks. It looks worth a try. I might do a loin rather than tenderloin.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Jasdip, I do something that's seasoned along the lines of your raspberry balsamic. The original recipe called for cranberry sauce, but I sub raspberry jam or whatever jam/preserves sound good at the time.

Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Cranberry Sauce

One I make this time of year. Included the apples the first time, but skip 'em now. Sometimes I cut the pork into medallions. I tend to prefer that method for cooking tenderloin.

Pork Tenderloin with Cider Sauce

And this is the current favorite. No idea why I never thought to try it with pork. I only use half a tenderloin, but keep all the other ingredient amounts the same.

Pork Medallions in Mushroom Marsala Sauce

• l pinkmountain
    8 years ago

With both recipes I end up reducing the juice at the bottom of the crockpot to make a sauce. You can also add butter and flour or cornstarch, but I'm not crazy about the taste of thickened sauces.

• doucanoe
    8 years ago

So glad you asked this question, Cindy! We love pork tenderloin too, and now I have loads of new ideas to try as well!

Thanks!

Linda

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    8 years ago

We have two favorites...Pork Marbella and Dijon crusted Pork.

The Marbella i've done with medallions and the full tenderloin. Lots of recipes by googling.

The dijon crust uses 1/4 cup dijon, half cup plain greek yogurt, two tbsp prepared horseradish, fresh chopped garlic, fresh chopped rosemary, (or a bit of dried)...fold in a 1/2 cup breadcrumbs like panko.

Heat a dutch oven like an enameled cast iron with a layer of thick slices of a big onion on the stovetop, add a bit of white wine and lay the pork on top. Smear the dijon mixture on top and pop in the oven covered. Cook to the pink temp, remove the lid and toast the top till a golden crisp crust forms.

Even better is a combination of the two that is now the favorite if i have the Marbella ingredients. Stuff the tenderloins with corse chopped olives, prunes, garlic cloves, thyme or rosemary, and do the same onion layer with the dijon crust. Add a prune or two per person and a few whole olives, capers, bay leaves to the pot with the wine. The onion and and dijon crust makes a nice sauce. No longer Marbella but good combinations of flavor.

Makes the best leftover sandwiches on a po'boy style roll or a toasted panini style sandwich, with a slice of swiss.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Linda, I made your Maple-Chile Glazed Medallions tonight. OMG, they were absolutely delicious! I increased the chipotle and doubled the cider so there would be a little more sauce. I can see this being repeated a number of times over the next few months. I may even look into freezing cider so I can make it the rest of the year. Thanks so much!

• moosemac
    8 years ago

Here's one my family likes. This makes 12+ servings of pork but you could scale it.

Pecan Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Apple Mint Sauce

3 ½ -4 lbs. Pork Tenderloin

12 oz. Pecans

½ cup Brown Sugar

1 tbsp. Sea Salt

2 eggs

Rinse pork, trim fat & pat dry. Beat eggs. Process pecans, sugar & salt until fine. Dip pork in egg, roll in pecans and place on wire rack on cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 500 o. Bake pork 10 minutes at 500 o, reduce to 400 o and bake 20-25 minutes more. Allow pork to rest 20-30 minutes before slicing in ¼” slices.

For Sauce:

1 Red Delicious apple, ¼” dice

2 Granny Smith Apples, ¼” dice

¼ cup of lemonade or lemon juice with a touch of sugar

¼ cup fresh mint, minced

Spray a sauté or fry pan with PAM or use a little butter. Saute apples over medium heat until crisp tender. Process apples in processor with lemonade. Cool slightly and add mint. Stir well. Chill

Serve pork with chilled applesauce.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting