SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Charles de Gaulle and Love Song

We've had lavender roses featured on several threads recently, and now I'mbecoming crazy about lavender roses! Please give me more input about Charles de Gaulle (HT) and Love Song (floribunda). I have two different spots perfect for these roses--one in each spot.

According to HMF, Charles de Gaulle can be a gorgeous lavender--but from the pics, it seems like it is often more of a mauvish/pink shade rather than lavender. What is your experience with its color? How often is it lavender (which is what I really want), and under what conditions does it tend to be more mauve colored?

In the HMF pics, Love Song appears to be lavender more often, but I'd like confirmation of that. I don't mind occasional mauve blooms, but lavender is what I'm really after.

And finally, can you confirm that both are pretty good on BS resistance? Although I spray occasionally, it isn't usually more than a couple times in the spring and a couple times in the fall, so I need a rose that doesn't have many BS problems.

Oh, and I won't object if they bloom a lot. : )

Thanks for your input.

Kate

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions